Changing speed of clip blacks out screen

dano1

I'm using V3.04 of VideoPad with a Windows 8 computer. When I try to change a video clip to slow motion, it momentarily works, but on playback, the screen for that clip is black. The slowed down audio still plays, but there's no video showing on the clip.

If I undo the change, the video returns. This only happens when changing to go slower, not faster. It also happens in both Timeline and Storyboard modes.

I'm using V3.04 of VideoPad with a Windows 8 computer. When I try to change a video clip to slow motion, it momentarily works, but on playback, the screen for that clip is black.

Here, using Windows 7, slowing a clip adds a black area ahead of the slow-mo portion. If one splits the clip (intending to excise the black) then preview video is all black.

Hints that this is a bug.

• 3 weeks later...

i am having the same issue on 2 computers. if i slow down the clip, 2 things happen, sound gets garbled and video turns black. XP and win7. where is the fix?

Likely in the next version. Slo/fast-mo aren't working correctly, as experienced here and reported by others.

• 1 month later...

Hi winning2013

"i am having the same issue on 2 computers. if i slow down the clip, 2 things happen, sound gets garbled and video turns black. XP and win7. where is the fix?"

If you slow down a clip (i.e. stretch out its playing time) then VP will also stretch out the soundtrack to match making it run slower and therefore play at lower pitch.

You can, however get around this if you create a separate sound file and then use one of the sound manipulation programs that are availbale that will extend a soundtrack without changing the pitch. It generally does this by inserting tiny gaps into the soundtrack that are barely noticeable. The soundtrack is lengthened as a consequence but the pitch is not changed. If carried to extreme however the sound will develop an audible stacatto effect as the gaps become more evident.

No idea why the video disappears though.

Nat

Hi winning2013

"i am having the same issue on 2 computers. if i slow down the clip, 2 things happen, sound gets garbled and video turns black. XP and win7. where is the fix?"

If you slow down a clip (i.e. stretch out its playing time) then VP will also stretch out the soundtrack to match making it run slower and therefore play at lower pitch.

You can, however get around this if you create a separate sound file and then use one of the sound manipulation programs that are availbale that will extend a soundtrack without changing the pitch. It generally does this by inserting tiny gaps into the soundtrack that are barely noticeable. The soundtrack is lengthened as a consequence but the pitch is not changed. If carried to extreme however the sound will develop an audible stacatto effect as the gaps become more evident.

No idea why the video disappears though.

Nat

i have bought Magix edit pro for 40 quid and i cant believe how ace it is for £10 more...video pad is a dinosaur in comparison.you get 10 times more features and the ease of use is amazing...i dont know why i have put up with videopad for so long....believe me its the best next step