Relating project size to disc size?

barryg013

I don't understand how to limit the size of a project so that it will successfully fit onto a blank dvd when i export it. I have created projects that have spent 6+ hours preparing to 'burn' only for a message to appear telling me the file is too big - but then i have to start again, wasting the whole time spent trying to burn?

I don't understand how to limit the size of a project so that it will successfully fit onto a blank dvd when i export it. I have created projects that have spent 6+ hours preparing to 'burn' only for a message to appear telling me the file is too big - but then i have to start again, wasting the whole time spent trying to burn?

An alternative would be to produce to the hard disk - testing different formats - to determine suitable quality vs. file size. Then use another burning application to create the DVD.

The average DVD will hold about 4.7G of material (in reality about 4.5). If your finished file is smaller then that, you should have no problem with, as borate says, an alternative burner program. The one included with Videopad is....well....never mind.