Text or Font size in Text Overlay

seashell

Hi Members

Completing my first video edit today and ready to hit "Save" (or render) button. I would kindly like to know if there is a way to enlarge and reduce the font size of the text when I'm creating Titles and/or Credits? I know how to utilize the slider that is labeled as "Size" located in the clip preview window but this method is not easy. I have to move the mouse ever so slightly to obtain the exact font size that is appropriate and doing so I overshoot the desired text size.

Is there another method to obtaining an exact font or text size? For example, how do I obtain an exact 14 pt. "Times New Roman" for text size? I already know how to choose the font type , its just the exact font "size" that is difficult to master as I move the slider either left or right.

I am using VideoPad version 2.41

Windows 7

Thank you

What version of Videopad are you using? If it's 3.xx then I assume you are using Add Text to write your credits. Once written, place the text in the left preview screen (if it isn't there already). Then click on the big T at the bottom of the screen. The text size setting is in there.

Sorry, I haven't used 2.41 in a while now. One of the big guns will probably answer this shortly.

Hi nchdl,

Thank you kindly. I am ready to render my file but I just can't get the text "size" slider to stop at the acceptable font size needed. The text is either too large or too small. What is really strange is the text will get larger as I move the slider to the last possible position "to the left" which normally results in the smallest font size. Otherwise it's a fantastic program!

Oh well..... I'll have to plan on version 3 at some point. Thank you.