How do I FIND the option to change position of subtitles?

Kreelor

How do I FIND the option to change the position of subtitles? I don't see that option available; where is it?

Since VideoPad does not make it easy to create and insert titles, I created a 'black' clip, then had to leave it to go click on its name (after finding it in the list of 'added media' files). From there, I typed some words, but they all appear at the very bottom of the screen, with no obvious way to relocate them. Very frustrating. It was extremely easy to do in Windows Movie Maker, but now I have Windows 7, and M$ was too lame to even add it! That's why I'm hoping to find a workable Video Editing program. If I'm not using the correct method to create these separate 'text screens,' will you please tell me how you do it?The program has NO extended help info, at all!

EDITED: Actually, I don't really want to create an actual subtitle; I want to create a single 'clip' to which I can add and edit text, and maybe even effects on that clip.

Hi

You add titles and subtitles to your films using the overlay feature. (VP 2.41)

Add your black frame to the sequence or add your video clip to the sequence. This is the background for your text.

Now click the green cross to the left of the overlay track. This will open a "New overlay" window. The default is set for the addition of text. (note the radio button top left) If you want an image overlay then click the radio button at the lower left. Anyway you want text..

Left click the window and simply type your text. When complete click OK.

Your text will now appear in the preview panes, and the overlay track will contain the text as a blue overlay "clip"

on which some of your text will appear. This overlay clip can be dragged left or right to position it or made shorter of longer by dragging either end right or left.

To position the text within the frame or make it do other things, you will see a control panel beneath the left hand preview window. (You have to select the overlay with a left click first)

You can Scroll your text in various directions, change the size, font, colour, opacity or make it fade in and out. You will also see an arrow matrix to the left of this panel. If it is not visible you need to scroll the panel along with the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom. Click the respecive arrow button in the matrix to place your text on the screen in the desired position. You will also see a margin control button a bit further over which will open another window which will enable you to fix the text position more exactly by entering pixel values.

Note that the overlay is independant of the clip on the sequence line (although you can link it if you want to) Effects added to the sequence line clip do not work on the overlay. You only have the options mentioned above.

Hope this helps

Nat