Version 2.20 major issue

GrahamW

It is great to see that NCH have adjusted the QTy column to only say 1 now instead of 1.00 however this is now a major issue because if you have a labour charge or whatever for 1.25 hrs and you enter it you only get 1 If you enter 1.5 it changes it to 2

This only happens when you print it or preview it, when you change it and look at it on the actual screen it shows correct.

Another real bug I have just found is if you have a item called Labour and it has an empty description against it you cannot type any details agains it any more. You now must always use what is in the item list.

These issues are a real setback in the program now

I have also just discovered if you revert back to 2.18 the restore feature no longer works (not that backup and restore ever worked) all your company data is lost so you have to manually input it all again.

Please don't take this comment the wrong way but does NCH test these changes before releasing the update or are we the paying customer the ones to test

Graham

Thanks DJ

that appears to have fixed that issue.

Now what about being able to edit the description of an item straight on the invoice like it was in 2.18.

eg.

if you had a labour description saying something like "labour chages per hour"

once the item was added to the invoice you ccluld just click the description column and either delete the words or add to them. This has now gone from this version. You have to add it into the item first before adding it to the invoice.

Graham

• 2 weeks later...

Graham,

I have a note into development regarding the status of this function, and will keep you posted on any feedback.

DJ

DJ.

is there nay news on a fix for this issue yet. I notice EI has been updated to 2.21 and still no fix yet, very frustrating this little one.

Graham

DJ.

is there nay news on a fix for this issue yet. I notice EI has been updated to 2.21 and still no fix yet, very frustrating this little one.

Graham

EI is the best application of its kind that I have found, but being able to edit the description directly on the invoice is critical for me (and I think, most service businesses).

Simon

Really fast and easy to use. I like it very much, but I agree that it needs just a few little fixes to go.

Express Invoice - version 2.21

Important

1. As said ahead, editing item description for each invoice.

2. Company registration number, also for Customers. (this is a must in EU countries)

3. Why dropdowns in Company > Country? I'm in Spain and it's not there.

Desirable

1. Some kind of a query tool to export existing tables, and maybe some limited imports, like items and customers.

2. Be able to change basic Quote/Invoice design, or at least be able to translate all field labels.

Bugs

1. Item stock quantities are not updated after and Order or Invoice (this is a bug)

Great product for that value anyway.

Jaime

I also would like to be able to edit the discription on the invoice.

also the country is a bit of a pain as I have costomers in differnt countries.

Please could the drop down list for countries be removed as is is no use for me as well and Ireland is also not in it.

and the discount column after begging for this as an option, i was heard!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

It looked Unprofessional and misleading. Now it looks Perfect!

Finally upgrading from 2.14 to the latest version 2.21! woot!

The programming gods have answered!

gk

I agree. I am in evaluation mode and hadn't noticed the lack of ability to edit the descriptions in the invoice creation dialog. Also something I consider a "must have" in the invoice program I settle on.

I didn't see this thread and started a new one regarding editing the description field. But I want to add my name to this one, as I won't use the program until the description field becomes editable.

Where can I read a feature list for the paid version of the program?

Thanks,

Mick Berg.

• 3 weeks later...

I sew many people request back to editing description function table,but didn't see any reply from admin,I think I will give it up in coming future,If i can find the replacement.

I create the Order with 4 to 10 same items till to week or month,If I change to Invoice,I need edit the description and price for each items,any one can imagine how hard to do in V2.21,I just can say disappointed,good passion but bad result,one again prove programmer never know realistic.

• 1 month later...