creating a final audio track

italiangen

Hi,  Thanks for taking my inquiry.  I cant figure out how to create a copy of a multi track multi split final audio track.  The audio is part of a recorded video presentation with audience participation.  The reason for this is that I want to run it thru the "Levelator" app.  You could also comment on how and why I should use VPE's audio "Normalizer" for all tracks simultaneously.  As always, thanks for your help.   PeterD

The Levalator may not be necessary if all VP audio ciips are normalized.  To easily test that...

Select all the clips with <ctrl-A>.  Click the fx button on any audio clip.  Click the large green + sign and choose NORMALIZE.

Click the fourth button from the left on the effects toolbar, the one whose pop up reads Replace Effect Chain in Other Selected Clips.

If you still desire an external app, export the project.  Then open with WavePad, which will prompt if you want to continue as an audio file.  Answer yes to  discard the video.

Once that's done, either tweak the audio with WP or SAVE AS in the format of your choice, which can then be passed along to other apps.

Borate,  Maybe the reason the Replace Effect Chain in Other Selected Clips  did not appear when I finished selecting all clips is that it was loading(?) or whatever all the clips.  When I came back to and saw your pic it was highlighted.  Not exactly how well it normalized but I can tell you that it changed many clips that were originally MUTED to UN-MUTED.  I therefore undid all the selections steps.

Here is a pic link of what my timeline looks like.  Maybe that will show what my situation is.  Thanks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aYKFHgqMZ1m2iqgU-SU-A1oKwK0ezWzD/view?usp=sharing

You might test the 5th button, which instead of REPLACE is APPEND.  That should not wipe out other effects.

Or, use the 4th button on clips to which only NORMALIZE effect is to be applied, then add that effect individually to clips that have other effects.

OR go with Nat's method, below.

Hi

"..... I cant figure out how to create a copy of a multi track multi split final audio track.  ...."

Do this.....

• Complete all the editing so timeline plays will all the sound tracks as you wish.
  • Save your project in case you want to come back and make changes to the edit.
  • With the timeline as you want it to play Click the + sign that follows the Sequence 1 X at the left end of the timeline.....
  • aa.jpg
  • This will create a Sequence 2 in the Sequence bin and at the same time it will clear the timeline.
  • Open the Sequence bin and load Sequence 1 back to the empty timeline. Audio Track 1 will be blank although it will hold the sound track for your project.
  • Right Click Video Track 1 and select Save Sequence Audio as a New File from the menu. This will save the combined audio as a .wav file  in the default save folder you have set up in options for audio. (It also places a copy in the Audio bin.)

Nat

Ye another route:  compose all tracks, then click the SEQUENCES tab above the bin.  Right-click on Save Sequence Audio as New File.  This saves all audio tracks of the active sequence as a single merged file.  Individual tracks cannot be separated.

If you want to save individual tracks, move each into a new sequence...

Select a single audio track (all clips), press <ctrl-C> to copy.  Click the + sign in the sequence tab above the timeline, to create a new sequence, then press <ctrl-V> to paste the track.  Proceed as instructed above, to save a new audio file.