frisbee

What edit button? I can't find the edit button!

I'm kinda new to Video Pad, I have tinkered with it.. finally decided to get serious about it..  I was told about a PDF the has information.... Great I can study up on VP..  I get to "User Interface - Clip/Sequence Preview, section/area 6(?)  "Title Editing (Title clip preview only)..  I read  "Click on the Edit button to show title clip settings popup window......   Cannot see or find the "edit" button.. I have loaded a short clip and have it up in "Clip Preview" no edit button.. dragged the clip into Sequence Window, nothing...  I update to the newest version of VP... still nothing... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you in advance

friz

When a title clip is selected in the bin, under the preview window you should see this ...   image.png

Or double-click a title clip thumbnail in the sequence.

Hi

You have a clip already on the timeline on Video Track 1...OK.....

Now add a Title.... (or Text)

• Load clip to VP
  • Drag/drop (or load) the clip to the timeline.
  • Click the Add Title tab on the toolbar.(or Add Text)
  •  As an example...Select Simple text Overlay This will open the Text Editor window with "Title text" displayed.
  • Set all the parameters and enter your text. (You will need to play a bit with this to see how they all work)
  • Close the text editor and your Title/Text will appear as a text image on the overlay track (Video Track 2) at the cursor position.

Editing the text....

• Left click (select) the Text image in the Image Clip Bin This will display the text image in the Clip Preview window. (See image below) Underneath this preview window you should see a small Text Editor box with some of your text visible....
  •  
  • ccc.jpg
  •  
  • Left Click this box to open the Text Editor full size.
  •  
  • dd.jpg
  •  
  • Re-edit the text. It will update on the timeline.

Nat