Select clip and export video in fast mode

krandall

Hello,
There is the possibility to export a clip, after making a division, directly from the time line (or with a shortcut of keys?)
Currently I do this:
- I divide the clip that interests me
- I select the clip and copy
- I open the sequences and paste
- I export the sequence

since from a 1h video I create about 50 clips, I would like to find ways to export them quickly without having to repeat all the steps I listed.
Do you have a shortcut?

Thanks,
Fabio

12 minutes ago, borate said:

FILE menu | EXPORT ALL SEQUENCES.   Succeeds quickly.

thanks for fast reply :)
and is there no possibility to export clips without going through sequences? directly select the clip in the timeline and export it.

I would like to avoid doing all the steps I mentioned above and I would like to export the clips I splitted from the timeline.

Hi

".... is there no possibility to export clips without going through sequences? directly select the clip in the timeline and export it. ..."

You can export directly from the timeline but it will be the whole timeline not just a selected section......That's the normal way one exports. But as it stands, creating Sequences from your main clip and exporting them en masse is the only way to go but it's slow.

Now....Although currently you can chop out sections of your video and then drag/drop them into the Video Clip bin, which can be done quite quickly,  you can't export en masse the contents of the Video Clip bin as separate new files (like sequences) when you are finished. It could be useful though. Why not suggest it?

Nat

6 hours ago, JimmyRustle said:

Actually, we have a relatively new feature where you can drag and highlight a part of the sequence and select 'Export selected region'. In your case it might be a bit tricky to get the exact right selection.

2019_09_02_11_58_44_Window.png

Good morning and thanks,
I tried and in fact only the first 2 icons appear to me. (Split and delete)... -.-

Hi

You may be using a version of VP where this feature was not implemented but it's an excellent new feature!  It needs a Clip duration value added to the Selection Start and Selection End  indicators. From the point of ease of use; Detach the Sequence preview window to make it easier to see. Determine  the start or end position for the selection by dragging the top block of the red cursor line and checking the preview at the same time.

When you have the position release the mouse and move the cursor down onto the thinner part of the line when you  will see a double left/right arrow. Now grab the line and move it left or right to highlight your selection.Releasing the mouse will bring up the tab highlightd by Jimmy. (Does in at least the 7.30 Beta version which I am running.)

Nat