Another Export Video bug issue

TAC

I had this issue previously, and now a 2nd project has a bug at Export Video as others have posted.  Again I cleared cache, deleted unused images, split & recombined sequences multiple times, and it is still corrupted (although the fault location changes).  Out of concern for this I was exporting the video throughout the creation process and it was exporting fine until I added the Video Effects.  It was corrupted after that.  

Again I "SAVED PORTABLE PROJECT AS", ZIP'd it and uploaded it to DropBox linked below. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ub145a4azohp04g/20180721_141931.zip?dl=0

Thanks again in advance for any help!  Hopefully this helps fix this bug.

TAC

Hi TAC

No....It's OK All the files downloaded and unpacked from dropbox  OK.  They loaded to VP from the vpj file and reassembled your project correctly. This played fine in preview with no glitches.....(Rather nice memory of your trip  I thought:))

Unlike Borate I didn't find any problems to tweak in the preview and so exported to my PC as a Custom mpeg4;  H264  high quality   1920 x 1080 - 1080p  Constant 29.97 fps (TN NTSC) file.

This appeared to export correctly

However,  there was break in the images at 2m 05  up to 2m.20.  and from 2.28 (middle of the mpeg4 clip) to the end the visual playback stopped entirely. Sound played throughout though.

Re-exported at a 1080 mpeg4 (native)  high quality avi..just to see if there might be any difference. Nothing noticeable in VP itself. The mpeg4 avi did the same at the same point (open road image (jpg 4575). :(

Still playing with it. but have to go out shortly. NCH may take a look. Currrently trying a UT 1280 x720p mpeg 4H264 . I have had problems with the sound when exporting mpeg4 but not with yours. Get back with what happens.

Later.... Oddly this export played almost to the end perfectly but then lost the last few images... No idea why. I am wondering if the FX  Pan/Zoom are the problem. I'll continue to play with this... BTW playback was with VLC...

Nat

More testing with 6.31 successfully exported at 16x9 resolutions below 1920.  At that res or higher the file was truncated.                                                                                         Frame rates and compressor seemed not to matter.  No changes had been made to TAC's project.

Thanks Nat & borate for your investigation.  I think it is related to the FX pan & zoom.  I was exporting the project frequently through the creation and as soon as I add the FX pan & zooms ( I use a lot of these) the export issue appeared.  

TAC

Hi TAC and Borate

There is still something odd here. I replaced the wide angle image IMG_4595 which at 16382 x 3816  VP apparently couldn't convert (and left corrupted)  with a resized file of 1920 x 447 pixels and which VP loaded OK. I exported the project unaltered apart from this at 1280 x 720 (i.e. a smaller resolution) as an mpeg4  H264 default quality 30fps and it still lost some images at different places this time towards the end including half the finishing title and its image. I'll try some different changes I do think it's related to the FX used.

Nat

I do think it's related to the FX used.

Perhaps.  Yet several recent projects have had the export issue.  Another user had only fade transitions between his clips, as I recall.  No effects.  Export succeeded after they were removed.  Or, with fades intact, the process was successful only after applying the sequence splitting/combining workaround.

Hi

Converted this to a sequence and exported that as 1080p MPEG4 with the same result....blackout (in a different place.)

Now exporting sequence again as mpeg2 720p  Default quality..... Just lookd at it exporting and last bit seemed to export rather fast??..... Yup!  Complete clips black out towards the end and last 30 seconds all black. Soundtrack OK.

NCH should check. It ought to be a straightforward job...Just export of image clips with fade transitions FX and a single video clip.....

I'll remove all the FX and see if that changes anything...

Nat

Got word that the devs have been able to replicate the fault.

Oddly, the project exports okay using VP 6.31 in Windows 7.  Same machine, same hardware at 10.

10 is on a  platter and 7 is on an SSD (with much less free space).  Slightly different video drivers and, perhaps, Direct-X version.

Hi Borate  and TAC

OK. They may have found something but I have noticed something else a bit odd. I loaded  TACs original vpj file and once VP had sortied it out I removed all the FX (mostly Pan and Zoom) but left the transitions. This didn't do anything to an export which still dropped various image clips. I then replayed the VP preview which seemed OK but noticed a jump in the transition at 31.9 secs in. On zooming in I found that this was a short length of image clip (0.146 seconds) so I deleted it and then dragged the following image clip (its parent)  back to fill in the space and then re-established a 1 second crossfade. All images seemed to be  3 seconds image durations.

Then noticed all the transitions in this project were Fades and not what I personally would use .i.e...Crossfades.   Fade normally (perhaps logically) would be used at the end of a clip where there is a gap (e.g. text or end of project) not between clips in contact where Crossfade would be used.  This might be the source of the problem. I'''ll see what happens if I change them all to Crossfades of 1 second. But before that I'll try an export with NOTHING set up, just images and a video clipclip....That ought to work or there is something very wrong..

Nat

Hi Borate and TAC

The project exported OK  :D

I had removed all the FX (and the small sliver of clip I noticed mentioned above) and changed all the fade transitions to XFade transitions.. The export was an MPEG4  H246  HQ of 1920 x 1080p 29.97fps.

I am pretty certain that the problem lay with the Fade transition being used on a clip that joins to a following clip. IMHO you should use XFade where clips touch.

TAC... Load the project and go along it clicking the transition X and then where it mentions Fade, click the Xfade option. The duration should be already set at 1 second.

Find the clip bit I mentioned at the join at 31.9 secs ; click it and delete it and then drag the end of right hand clip to the left to close the gap.

I don't now think that the FX you added (Pan and Zoom) cause the problem so I would try an export with them still in and see what happens....I'll do that as well.:)

🎶 She's a hi rollin baby...🎶🎵

Nat

Hi

Well, That's a bit of progress at least.:)  

I took out the FX s and left the Fades and it failed but without the FXs and the fades turned into XFades it exported OK. Odd. Still, if NCH are looking at it....

@Borate..You say yours with XFades failed..Did you leave the FXs in?

Nat

PS this is the "sliver" to remove TAC.

aa.jpg

Thanks everybody and  I have been able to identify this issue

We will try to release a new version before Christmas with these bug fixed.

This is "Not enough memory bug" and this explains why exporting success at low resolutions.  And yes, it is also related to Pan-Zoom effect.

You can reproduce this bug by using windows memory monitor. When exporting, if you notice there is a significant and continuous memory increasing. Than it is a because of this.