Aldo

how to change stereo balance

I want to amplify just the left channel by 15% or so.  To express it another way: I want to change the stereo balance on an .mp3 file.  Seems like an easy, basic edit.  How do I do that?   I can view the channels separately, but can't figure out how to select one channel and not the other.  Please advise.

I can't figure out how to split channels into independent files either, and have often wondered if it was possible with WavePad, so I hope an answer is forthcoming. (I use audacity to easily do this type of thing.)

But your inquiry got me searching options in WavePad again, and here is what I've found (so far...)

Under the Effects tab, select Stereo Pan. This will open a new window, with anchor points at each end of the file. I selected one and (for example) dragged it up (left) - and then selected and dragged the other end to make the line level. Not a very exacting way to perform the task, but worth trying.

Surely there is a better way to achieve this and adjust by a percentage as you are looking to do.  Marking the thread!

It is a strange that after all the years that Wavepad has been on the market that you cannot select from one channel and not the other.  I believe there is a workaround.   You can split the file into it's component channels (that's an option under Edit->Split File).  This will create two new files conveniently labeled left & right.  Boost your left channel by 15%, then join them back together.

Thank you Eric - I think that is what we're looking for - although it would be nice if it split the channels into 2 vertically stacked/synced files (like Audacity does...)

For clarification: This function is not available in version 5.10 that I have on my win7 machine. Where I performed the above mentioned Stereo Pan simulation.

The Split > Into Component Channels is available in version 6.33 that I have on my win10 machine, through the Edit drop down menu. (NOT through the Edit>Split 'tab')

Edited by vapors
add content