Dictation files loading to Express Scribe from work network drives and disappearing

Hornej1

I take my Sony IC Recorder to my meeting and record it. Then I load it on to my computer's network drive. When I open Express Scribe it has already been loaded on to it and when I return to my network drive it is no longer there. Can anyone help as to why this is doing that - very frustrating especially if other people want to access the file on my network drive.

I take my Sony IC Recorder to my meeting and record it. Then I load it on to my computer's network drive. When I open Express Scribe it has already been loaded on to it and when I return to my network drive it is no longer there. Can anyone help as to why this is doing that - very frustrating especially if other people want to access the file on my network drive.

It sounds like Express Scribe is moving the file to its local data folder on your PC:

C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\NCH Swift Sound\Scribe\Current

Note: Your data folder location may be slightly different than the one above depending on your system configuration.

Try changing the Data Folder to the network drive location:

From the main menu select:

Settings > Files

Go to the Data Folder section and then browse to the network folder location to set this as your default.

Best of luck!