CallerID on stop solution

dardar

Since Axon is a pbx system, we cannot perceive that each extension will have any external line. 10 extensions may share 2 external lines. taking that into account, When 10 users call out using 2 external line (sip service like voipcheap..), Axon should be able to dynamically send the numbers (extensions) to the peer as a CallerID through the voip service.

My problem is that...

My setup

1. 5 extensions (10 digit number / representing usa numbers)

2. 1 external line (voipbuster)

3. 1 dial plan (dial out through voipbuster)

when I call my mobile number, in the callerid it is showing some europe number or sometime junk numebrs. but in the right side I should get the extension number (which is using the external line--voipbuster) as my callerid.

How to solve this

The outbound caller-id that appears on the receiving party's phone when you call their external number is the caller-id set with your VoIP provider.

i.e. Axon will not attempt to override the external caller-id (also known as caller-id spoofing) that is delivered to the receiving party's phone. VoIPBuster decides what caller-id to send out. Typically this will be the same as your VoIPBuster number, in other cases it maybe the number of the nearest VoIPBuster phone centre, it could also show up as a private number. It all depends on the VoIP service.

My understanding is the Display Names in Axon are only for your reference when changing the extension settings and the display name set in the Softphone (e.g. Express Talk) or SIP Phone is used as the caller-id when internal phone calls are made from one extension on Axon to another. When no display name is given, the extension number is used.

Please check this site

http://nch.invisionzone.com/lofiversion/index.php/t4988.html

and moreover , how come vonage and other services are able to show the pbx phone numbers (extensions) as a callerid.

The solution recommended in the attached link (response to my inquiry) did not work for me either. My VoIP provider does not seem to recognize the "User name just for authentication" in the Axon advanced line settings.

The solution recommended in the attached link (response to my inquiry) did not work for me either. My VoIP provider does not seem to recognize the "User name just for authentication" in the Axon advanced line settings.

This is very important , I think axon should give a solution to this one.

I have seen the setup of major service provider, and in their pbx system they will be creating extentions and external lines in the ratio of 4:1. if that is the case then how they are able to send the extension number (usually a did number--given to a customer) as a callerID in the receiver's phone. The external line will be a fxo or even another gateway server.

Axon is very good, but it should address to all these issues, because I think asterisk has this facility (used by most of the service providers).

I know that Asterisk has full support for this feature, but I haven't heard of one case yet (other than the person suggesting the "non-working" method) where it has been accomplished with Axon. I know that during my time here, this topic has come up a few times and there was no solution to my knowledge.

I use Vitelity for outgoing LD only. They allow you to set up sub-accounts, each with it's own name and password. You can go on their site and datafill what number you want sent out for each account. However, on occation a called party will get "Out of Area", it just depends on what gateway the call is passed to the POTS network. I know that in general PBX's that have a PRI link to a class 5 switch choose what number, extension or main, is sent out.