Supporting video in Express Scribe

somik

Hi,

I would like to transcribe video through Express Scribe and watch it as I'm doing so. Any idea if Express Scribe can be made to do this in some way, by perhaps connecting with Windows Media Player?

If not, is there any driver for the infinity foot pedal that helps it connect with media player?

Thanks so much.

Regards,

Somik

Guest nchto

You can transcribe the audio portion of the video through Express Scribe, unfortunately playing the video simultaneously isn't currently possible.

• 3 years later...

You can transcribe the audio portion of the video through Express Scribe, unfortunately playing the video simultaneously isn't currently possible.

That is truly a shame and hopefully something Express Scribe is working on. I don't understand why my mini player has a video box showing anyway (updated version) if there is no video capability. I prefer Express Scribe, but had to purchase InqScribe to be able to transcribe videos without converting the video file to audio file just to use Express Scribe. But Express Scribe works with Word templates, whereas InqScribe is a plain text transcription.

I don't understand why my mini player has a video box showing anyway (updated version) if there is no video capability.

It depends what version you're using.

Added: Can now view video files.
Added: View -> "Show video" -> "When available" to automatically show and hide the video window depending on the media type of the current dictation.