Hark! Axon wont register Engin Sip details!

eXcon

I guess that pretty much says it all.

I am the director of a NSW based Corporate IT Consultancy and I have the full Intent of taking this range of products to our customer base.

I signed up to Engin yesterday so that I could "dig in" and test the capacity of this software.

However no matter what I try the Axon PABX refuses to login to Engin using the provided details (which register with carousel).

If there is a developer handy or an NCH tech, please shoot through some details on how to get this working if possible.

Possible reasons are that the engin service prefers to run the G729a codec. Is this perhaps the reason for the failed registration on the Engin Network?

Is their a possible fix?

I've spent a little too much time on this so I'm hoping there is a seriously quick way to patch this up.

If I get this working I'll be phoning you tommorow (if it suits) ... I'd love to be able to offer this suite on a commercial/daily basis.

Respectfully.

R. Hunt.

I do not know exactly what the problem could be (I haven't tried Engin yet), however there are some things to take note of. Namely, Axon does not support the G729 codec. This means the Engin service must be able to also support standard alternative codecs. Most VoIP providers do support other codecs, and simply pick one as the 'prefered' codec if available on both ends, but negotiate with other codecs when necessary. Therefore, I do not think this is your problem unless Engin does in fact only support that codec.

Can you provide the error that Axon is giving when attempting to register with the service?

we use engin as our primary voip service at the NCH office (use it in Axon i mean) and its working very well for us. did you get the server address correct ? byo.engin.com.au ? codecs have nothing to do with the ability to register a service. why are you using carousel as well ? is it just because you couldn't get it to work in axon or are you also planning to connect real telephone lines into axon too ?

if your serious about taking our products to your customer base, note that we offer reseller services for customers just like yourself (http://www.nch.com.au/reseller/index.html)