HELP WITH EXTERNAL LINES

jsn1

HI.

I added 2 External lines to Axon, the first one is a FWD, and the second one is from fonosip.com.

I tried both lines direct with a softphone to check if they were working, yes, i can make and receive calls.

When Axon turns on, it registers the lines, when i make a call trough FWD, it works,

when I make it trough the other line, it fails.

HELP!!!

FWD: Server: fwd.pulver.com

outbound: fwdnat.pulver.com:5082

fonosip: Server: fonosip.com

outbound: fonosip.com ((------- I think the problem might be here, however

i have tried: fonosip.com:5060, fonosip.com:5082

No luck, please help.

Usually you don't have to specify an outbound server unless the service provider tells you it is necessary. Also it is a bit strage that the server is just "fonosip.com" usually its in the form of <subdomain>.<domain>.<ext> example: sip.myvoipprovider.com.

Are you able to make or receive any calls from fonosip? Does it register? What error is given in Axon when you try to make a call.

I´ve been looking at Fonosip webpage and they don't use outbound, have you tried checking the option "Use the default server as the outbound proxy"?

If you can make calls with the softphone directly it doesn't seem to be a network problem and you can make calls with FWD in Axon too so check the Fonosip account parameters or try to contact Fonosip so they can guide you to configure Axon.

Regards

With FWD, everything is normal, call and receive calls.

With fonosip, it says its registered, and I can place calls, but some time later, its says that the register attemp failed,

(i think its trying to register the outbound)

i contacted fonosip and they told me to leave the outbound proxy in blank, but,

Axon does not permit that.

Also, if i select to use the same outbound proxy as the domain, it wont register.

Thanks!

"Use the default server as the outbound proxy" in Axon is the same as not specifying an outbound server in other software as far as I know, so that would be the option to select.

If you are registered, and then later it won't let you register (failed).. it could be a couple of things:

Possibility: Fonosip may require you to re-register every 60 seconds or so otherwise registration attempts fail (some VoIP providers do this).

yes thats correct, a blank outbound server is the equivalent of specifying the 'use the default server' option.

if you can register initially but not after a while, its probably a NAT/firewall issue - it just means that Axon is sending out register requests to the server but its not getting anything back. one option is to enable port forwarding to the Axon machine for UDP port 5060 , see if that makes any difference.