How to insert a gap in all tracks in a sequence

JeffP

Basically, I need to move everything in all tracks, audio and video, to the right.

For example, I have 3 tracks, 2 video and 1 audio (actually there are many more). The audio is not linked to either video tracks. All of these need to remain in the same position in the sequence relevant to each other. So they must all move together.

I can insert a gap into a single track, but then the other tracks are now out of position as they stayed where they were.

Can anybody help please.

Thanks for this. I tried that but <ctrl A> selects absolutely every clip in the sequence, video and audio. I needed it to select everything to the right of a point in the sequence. For example, from 2:30 onwards, assuming there is a clear definition between clips each side of that time.

I can select all video tracks to the right of that point by selecting the first clip, then with the 'shift' button held down click on a clip in the adjacent corner to the far right. That selects everything to the right of a point. But this method wouldn't work and include audio clips.

I had to then individually select each audio clip. With a lot of audio clips that's a bit tedious.

The solution I found is to first select and group all the video clips. Do the same for all the audio clips, and then group both groups together.

It works. Sadly, as soon as you move them they all deselect. Not the end of the world, but would be good if they stayed selected so you could fine tune.

If the clips are grouped they should move in cadence even if they deselect after the first move.  That's the behavior here.

Individual clips can be deselected via the right-click menu.

Yes, a range of clips - audio or video - are selected by clicking the first clip to be moved, holding down <shift>, and clicking the last.