Does IVM work with Skype?

mike_at_software

Hi,

I've just purchased and installed Axon, IVM, IMS, and Skype Uplink. Skype is using a functioning Skype in number. There is notother line external line connected to Axon.

All products are configured and appear to be operating as they should, with one exception. Callers are not connected to IVM. Some earlier posts (2005) in this forum suggest that Skype and IVM do not work together. Is that still the case, or does Uplink now provide the capability to allow them to operate together?

If the products are supposed to work together, can anyone suggest some basic troubleshooting steps, or even a workaround?

Mike

Hi,

I've just purchased and installed Axon, IVM, IMS, and Skype Uplink. Skype is using a functioning Skype in number. There is notother line external line connected to Axon.

All products are configured and appear to be operating as they should, with one exception. Callers are not connected to IVM. Some earlier posts (2005) in this forum suggest that Skype and IVM do not work together. Is that still the case, or does Uplink now provide the capability to allow them to operate together?

If the products are supposed to work together, can anyone suggest some basic troubleshooting steps, or even a workaround?

Mike

I have no problem with IVM & Skype (through Axon).

Only that if you have a 'key selection' on the IVM the DTMF tones sent are not recognised

The strange part is: when the call connects, I watch the IVM activity log display that it is answering the call, and that it is playing the correct Voice Attendant Start file.wav (and that file is OK - I've played it in a separate application). The task bar bubble prompt also shows that uplink is connecting to IVM ... but .. there is still no IVM sound in the hanset of the caller - only clicks which suggest that a connection is being made.

Paul: what audio settings do you have in IVM - use Windows default, or use Uplink? I've tried both.

Mike

Hmm - I know now it's not a Skype issue. If I dial internal extension 198 (IVM) using Express talk, I see the same logging - call correctly picked up by IVM, correct sound file played etc - but there is not sound in the Express Talk extension, just the same as on an external call from Skype. So: it must be some IVM setting somewhere, but I have no idea what. The IVM simulator plays the sound as it should

The NCH help troubelshooting guides concentrate exclusively on hardware related sound issues for this point - but I'm not using any hardware lines, only a single Skype line, so the guides are of no use to me.

Can anyone please suggest any systematic approach to tracking the reason IVM sound is not heard by any caller - external or internal?

The strange part is: when the call connects, I watch the IVM activity log display that it is answering the call, and that it is playing the correct Voice Attendant Start file.wav (and that file is OK - I've played it in a separate application). The task bar bubble prompt also shows that uplink is connecting to IVM ... but .. there is still no IVM sound in the hanset of the caller - only clicks which suggest that a connection is being made.

Paul: what audio settings do you have in IVM - use Windows default, or use Uplink? I've tried both.

Mike

Strange - I have this problem with another SIP service - I am using a few different ones to see which is best.

No voice from IVM is heard, but the caller can leave a meesage if they know when to!

Works fine with uplink though

• 3 weeks later...

I have had that same problem for months. No VOIP ever seems to play th OGM for the caller. So basically it is a useless product. I spent days trying everything.

This was months ago I reported this and asked for help on this issue. Nothing has been done about it or addressed about it. I am glad I did the trial on this product as it does not work and it appears that the company does not want to support the issues.

I hope I am wrong and someone finds and answer but I addressed it over 6 months ago and I saw where others before me complained of the same issue.

No fix that I know of.

Sorry for venting but I spent allot of time on this and hate to see others waste there money and time also.

Robert

Yes - very odd. I've also discovered that the IVM menu is working - it's just that nothing is played to the caller. If the caller knows which option to select, they can navigate the menu, but with no sound prompts.