Anyone else having problems with the latest update (June 2023)?

PeteCaulf

I've been using VP without problem for years and always keep the program updated. A few days ago I had a minor crash and immediately got a notification that there was a new version available with a number of fixes. (13.45) I downloaded it and found that the layout of video effects had changed to one I remember from a few versions ago, and which I didn't like. Accordingly I reverted to my previous version (13.36) and since then, it takes about an hour to create an 8minute video which is then largely corrupted. Images overlay each other, the audio track is out of sync, the picture judders and freezes. It is shocking. I've tried a number of media players all with the same results. I've even rolled-back to an even earlier version (13.27), but the results are the same. It's as if my processor cannot handle the load, yet it's never been a problem before. Any suggestions please?

Odd.  Of course, there's never a mandate to update - especially if the release being used is working well for you.  Newer versions can be test driven, even if unregistered.

Test beta version 13.49.  If normal exports have the same issue, choose LOSSLESS EXPORT from the Home toolbar.  Still no joy?

Close Videopad, then use this free tool to uninstall it.  Let it scan registry entries as well, select and delete them all.

Then install your preferred older release (have your registration info on hand) or the beta linked above.

Please report results here.

• 1 month later...

I have used Video Pad and other NCH programs I purchased as an entire package several times. My biggest frustration with this company is it develops, crashes every so many months as if it is intentional, then when you download a fix it demands you pay all over again for the same program and its price has soared! I have contaced this compnay so many times, and I only use it as it is user friendly, and I don't have time to learn another program. Downloading the fix took the program back to standard version instead of the "Master Edition" Ive paid for numerous times. It is more than a hassle to demand NCH to return to the paid version on your previous license. I may be wrong but I believe this company is a foreign company ripping people off, in this manner and I am now at a point I plan on filing a complaint with the FBI IC# UNIT for fraud! NCH get you crap together! No one should have to spend a week in the middle of a needed program fighting you for what we paid for! FIX YOUR BUGS AND CRASHES ANS STOP RE CHARGING> Not to mention the time it takes to uninstall -look for files and reinstall every time I fight this issue!! 

There's no planned obsolescence built into Videopad.  Occasional crashes can be due to numerous causes such as project errors or, perhaps, out of date video drivers.  See this page.  Prior to starting a new project, go to OPTIONS | DISC tab and Clear Unused Cache Files.

For protection Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the caret to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar.

Upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.  Go here to download any release.  Ignore virus warnings.  Versions that are within the free upgrade window should install the same as the license that you purchased.  No new cost.  No need to uninstall - just overinstall.  Takes only seconds.

There's no mandate to update.  Newer releases can always be test driven,  The VP home page has the latest, both the 'pro' that will be full-featured for a trial period and a limited free version. The link there may be to the 32- or the 64-bit release.  To ensure that you're getting the 64-bit, use this link.  It's less prone to problems with complex, lengthy or very high-def projects as it takes better advantage of Windows memory.

If you run into issues, please post specifics in a new thread.  For licensing problems, go here.