Video is completely purple and I can't get my previous settings

HelpingSaveHumanity

Hi,

Ok, 2 things and I'm really concerned now.

I just switched over from Win 7 to Win 10, & this is my first try at using NCH since the switch.

I've tried 4 times to export a pretty short video, & every time it comes out horrific. I know there's a word for it, I just don't know what it is. Here's a SS - https://imgur.com/VKXLwuT

Audio is fine, just not the video.

I even shut down my Brave thinking it was causing the issues, although I've never  had to shut it down before, & same issue.

On another note, I thought I had the instructions on how to save the settings so when I redo my computer I can just copy them.

I vaguely remember hearing that I can NOT just copy the folder in APP DATA (which is what I did) & my settings didn't get saved.

I'm not thrilled that I can't just copy a folder because I always back that up & it works for everything but Fx where you have to copy a specific profile.

Thanks

Ok, so we installed AMD Radeon drivers - didn't help

We installed DirectX - didn't help

Reinstalled twice had nothing open & tried - didn't help

Now I tested it on another shorter video & it's exporting a 1 sec file. It is finished within 3-5 seconds & when I try to play it, I get the same colors & it plays the 1 sec & not the entire video. 

Please help, I can't work.

Thanks

Try this next...

Go to OPTIONS | ADVANCED and at the bottom Video Processor section click the caret and choose None (CPU only).

Restart Videopad.

Next, in the export dialog click the blue Default Quality/Filesize link and choose Off (Re-encode Video).  image.png

As for TOOLS | OPTIONS, what settings there were you attempting to save?

YEHHHHH!!!! It worked!!!! Thank you!!!

So what was the issue?

As far as the settings, I want to copy over all settings to my computer whenever I redo my OS. Why does it matter which settings they are? Are some saved in APP DATA & others not?

Primarily - fade out time, where to export, removing a checkmark on one setting (I can't remember which one right now), etc.

And on another note that has nothing to do with redoing the computer, I STILL wish my export settings were saved permanently for all new videos. sigh

Thanks again. :)

Testing installation of several releases, most OPTIONS settings were retained, such as the Disk tab Save New Media choices.

However, the Default Export Folder did not always persist.

It's not clear what "fade out time" you are referring to.

It would be enlightening to know which of the two suggestions that you implemented fixed the problems you listed.

If you have the time, please revert each setting, in turn, and report which causes which issue:  the color or the export.  Thanks.