Will videopad support CUDA?

Lancelot Chan

• borate changed the title to Will videopad support CUDA?
  • 3 weeks later...

https://youtu.be/vVomfc40fsw
This shows a performance difference between CUDA supporting PrPro and Videopad 13.09, using the same video project with same graphic overlay, with the same hardware encoder h265 14000kbps output, with PrPro encoder at slowest setting. One can see a huge difference in CPU and GPU encoder usage during the export.

The base encoder usage for this recording was around 10% to 18%. 

Good to hear about possible improvement. The point why I still want videopad to get faster and better is that I like videopad more than adobe premiere pro. Doing the same editing on PrPro takes more steps, longer time and often with more crashes. Videopad is so much better in getting my job done in the editing terms. 

It's just the exporting that needs CUDA boosts to render those effects. Right now just a simple image overlay would take away all the speed it has compare to no effect. 

Yes, already left several suggestions there, including audio hard limiter. 

I've just finished trying videoproc Vlogger, which claims to have 3 tier hardware acceleration. It's pretty easy to use, but lack the functions I found in videopad, namely the stopwatch timer, and a way to make Star Wars style crawling text. It also lacks audio hard limiter as well. In terms of exporting speed, it is in between Premiere pro and videopad. Fast, but not as fast as Prpro. So I uninstalled it. LOL. 

Videopad is pretty strong in terms of functionality, really. Fast editing, just not fast exporting. :P I still like videopad very much Things that is 1 click in videopad would often take a complex skill to do the same thing in PrPro. Like a timer, or reversed timer. Man....

Edited by Lancelot Chan

9 hours ago, Lancelot Chan said:

Videopad is pretty strong in terms of functionality, really. Fast editing, just not fast exporting. :P I still like videopad very much Things that is 1 click in videopad would often take a complex skill to do the same thing in PrPro.

Yes, VP handles some processes more readily than apps targeted to the higher-end market.  For the home user, complex isn't necessarily better.

As for CUDA and H265, it will be interesting to see what's in store.  Improvement is constant, but not without an occasional glitch.😉

27 minutes ago, borate said:

Yes, VP handles some processes more readily than apps targeted to the higher-end market.  For the home user, complex isn't necessarily better.

As for CUDA and H265, it will be interesting to see what's in store.  Improvement is constant, but not without an occasional glitch.😉

Totally. For now I think my solution is to do those color correction, sharpening and watermark with the CUDA accelerated editor first, then pass on to VP to do all the cutting and titles I like. :D  Man, many editors I tried just couldn't do the star wars style scrolling text and in VP it's just 1 click. Not to mention those counting timer or counting down timer. In PrPro it takes tons of steps but in VP? 1 step.