How do I relate video position to audio position

Alan R

Adding an audio track to a video.

When I drag the main pointer my sequence preview window shows exactly what piece of video I am at, fine, reflecting exactly where on the timeline I am.

But the cursor in the audio clip preview window does not move.

Is it possible to lock the two cursors so that as I either navigate along the video track I can see where on the audio track I am, and or see where I am on the video track when I drag the audio cursor?

Thanks in anticipation...

There's no audio tracking on the timeline when viewing the sequence - by clicking the Sequences tab in the bin, then selecting the sequence to view.

But if the audio track is double-clicked, then the waveform appears in the PV window, and dragging the cursor there will track in the timeline.

Accomplish the same by having clips that are on the track.  Video and audio will track - like this...

Thank you.

Sort of works as you say, but you're just dragging the audio cursor and the video is just following.

Would prefer (in most off my cases) to be able to drag the video cursor and have the audio cursor follow.  In fact it would perhaps be best to have this as a switchable option.

Suggestion for a future release???

And finally, does the appearance of Alfred E Neuman suggest a revival or that you and I go back further than we would prefer?

Alan.

If the clip is on the timeline, dragging either A or V affects both.

File a suggestion... https://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/index.html?software=VideoPad

In recent VP versions, audio tracks can be greatly expanded for some projects.  Click the arrow, so it points downward, then drag the dots, if available.

In some installations, there instead may be a + icon at the left.  Click it for a slider that vertically expands the track..  . image.png

The sequence timeline can be expanded horizontally via the slider at the bottom-right of the window...   image.png

image.png   Alf is ageless.😀