Export to YouTube fails after correctly being rendered.

14red

Hi Borate,

Like other users I see in the forum, I'm also experiencing issues when uploading to YouTube. This bug seemed to have been fixed for some time, but this week (at least since sunday) it's back. Are there any issues that you are aware of? It would be nice to have a status page somewhere to see where the issue is. Just like MS, Google etc have to show the server status.

Also, could it be that when using an "&" symbol in the upload title, everything goes wrong? My video is rendered correctly and the upload to youtube starts, but then all of the sudden the export queue says. "FAILED". In the channel content screen of youtube it says (in my case) "My first Qamp&A video of 2022", which of course should read "My first Q&A video of 2022". 

I also have some ideas that I would like to share with you: It would be nice to know what went wrong when an update fails. Is there a logging we can read ourselves? If not, will it be included in the next version? Or at least an error code next to the FAILED would be nice, so I can try to see what went wrong. Now you sort of have to quess. But after 3 rendering sessions of one and a half hours, that becomes annoying. One last questions. After the FAILED message, where is the rendered video stored on the harddrive? Or is it removed immediately? Is there a box that you can tick so it will be left on the harddrive? So you can at least try to upload it manually to Youtube. Maybe something for a newer version?

I'm still working in 8.84, because I didn't see, felt or noticed any differences in the newer version of videopad demo (I believe it was version 12) and mine. Maybe there is a difference, but to me its exactly the same (sorry if I offended you!)

Hope to hear from you soon!

Best regards,

Anton

Edit: I cannot upload the backup, because it exceeds the file limit on all those share services :D

Though it's reportedly recently been increased, there's a quota of VP direct uploads to YouTube.  When it's exceeded, various error messages appear. 

If the upload seems to have progressed normally but fails at the end, check your YT account.  it may have actually succeeded.  Also try direct uploads at off-hours.

There's no log or status page for failed updates, and direct YT upload failures are not stored on the hard drive AFAIK.

If it fails,  export the project as Video, which will be stored on the PC, and then use YouTube's uploader.  Choose a default export folder under OPTIONS | EXPORT tab.

File suggestions here.

Thanks Borate!

I've tried it several times the last couple of days, morning, evenings, because I also read your answer in another post. But sadly to no avail. :( Thanks for the quick response! The rendering was successful and the start of the upload to YouTube also was initiated, but then quickly the message "failed" appears. So the title will be in YouTube, but no content. So I'm guessing it may not be a VP upload limit, but you are a better judge of that.

I've exported the video to my desktop and that went normal as always. I then uploaded to Youtube manually and there were also no issues. So the VP upload limit may still be valid. Now waiting for it to complete the rendering in HD to see if everything is done alright and release it to the viewers tomorrow!

Thanks again, and I would like to add that I admire your quick support, good answers and helpful hints. Keep up the good work!

Best regards,

Anton