Image Stabilization New Audio bug in latest version 11.64

Russ Croucher

I have a business of converting files for customers and pretty much use video pad for most of my processing.  Because of a previous problem that was discovered and fixed in 11.48 I have not upgraded to the latest version because the problem did not occur in 10.78.  A few days ago I decided to upgrade to the latest 11.63 since I was having no problem that I can determine up to this point.

Normally I use debut to capture videos with audio from a Matrox card.  I do it this way because even though I can write MP4 crowed in the Matrox card I would rather use support that you pad uses with H265.  The problem occurs during the image stabilization when the AVI file that is run through video pad was not created by and NCH product.  I'm assuming somewhere in the header something is not correctly read and the wrong value is used for the audio.  The audio axis sounds like some chipmunks but you can discern what they're saying.

So the problem occurs when I use a digital 8 or miniDV to input the video file with FireWire.  Since I have not been able to get FireWire to work appropriately with video pad I use a pinnacle 25.  I prefer video pad for processing but pinnacle 25 dozen nice job of collecting the FireWire file.  I then hand the FireWire file over to video pad to read the file in its entirety and image stabilize it.  This must be done in Windows 10 because Windows 10 fixes a bug that was in Windows 7 that read the 720x480 file aspect ratio incorrectly and video pad loaded it as a 640x480 file.

After the image stabilization occurs the have temporary file that video pad uses sounds like chipmunks.  I have a complete folder list of the original file from pinnacle along with the same file read in and written now with a version of video pad both going to the image stabilization and the file that was from pinnacle sounds like chipmunks but the file that was from video pad is fine.  Some somehow the processing of the file in the image stabilization is incorrect with the audio.  Here is my cloud link with all the files.

Should I send this as a bug request or is this link good enough.  The original files were done with the 11.63 but I did verify it with 11.64 the same problem exists.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuSetTxgq7JxqYQ_XUHkArRWvoS0LQ?e=xMKybO

You will notice in the link "dv7ks.avi" is the original file from pinnacle.
The file "dv7-full.avi" the original file from pinnacle rewritten with video pad I useg 10.78.  But I think any version would've worked.
Then you had 3 stabilize files that 10.78 was fine with any version and 11.63 was only okay with the  version that was rewritten by video pad

Tell me what I should do.

Stabilization appears to be irrelevant.  When loaded into any VP release prior to 11.63, the Pinnacle 'raw' audio is good.  After that release it's at 2X.

The issue has been reported.  Stay tuned to this thread for developments.

It may have something to do with the fact that stabilizer produces AVI files.  I have seen no problems with the audio if I read the AVI files in video pad and write it out as an AVI files - the audio is correct.  You can see this in my example above

I created "dv7ks.avi" the original file from pinnacle.  Then I used v11.63 to write the exact same file, no changes, to "dv7-full.avi", where the audio is still fine.  I use that base file when I image stabilize it with 11.63  The audio is 2x.  At least we know it's being worked on.

I will say back a few versions until I hear from you guys.

I don't see that at all.  How are you testing this?  I take the file "dv7ks.avi" on the one drive  above and load into video pad with Windows 10 and using version 11.63 and hit the play button and it says "we are boarding a plane to China" with no problem.  I then stabilize that file and the result is the audio is 2x.

Today my test replicates yours.  Initial load is okay in 11.63, but the MPEG4 stabilized 'raw' file is 2x.

Can't speak for the inconsistent results.

Apparently the problem is being caused by the file being a very unusual DV Type 2 video inside AVI container.  The fix is being pursued.

• 4 weeks later...