Updates from Inventoria

itstheburns

So, when items are added or removed from Inventoria, I have to close and reopen Express Invoice for it to update? I'm not referring to creating invoices, I'm referring to if data is changed within Inventoria. What if these software packages are never closed and reopened? How would they be updated?

Please note that using Inventoria as the server program, it will update Inventoria's inventory levels from Express Invoice, it will not sync any other data. In other words, your items will not be transferred to Express Invoice when you added items in Inventoria, so when you create an invoice in Express Invoice, the items you include in that invoice will be deducted from your stock in Inventoria, that is all what it does.

So, express invoice doesn't check inventoria for regular updates, only when express invoice is first launched? This is, well, kinda dumb. If I'm adding products to inventoria, express invoice should be looking regularly at the database or have some way to know that new products have been added, without needing to close and relaunch express invoice. I'm starting to feel like Inventoria is quite expensive for the limitations it actually has.

I'm sorry but it seems you are not getting how it works. Express Invoice and Inventoria are two different software. Inventoria will be used to manage your inventory and when you sync it with Invoice, it will only manage the stock levels, no other information will be sync. For example, if you add a new item in Inventoria, that item will NOT show up in your Items list in Express Invoice, it does not matter if you restart Express Invoice, you can only see it when you create an invoice. So, when you create an invoice, Express Invoice will look for that item in Inventoria, retrieve the items information and add it to the invoice, then, the item will be deducted from your stock in Inventoria. So there is no need for Express Invoice to keep checking for updates since it will only need the info from Inventoria when you create an invoice. Again, the items you add in Inventoria will not show up in your Items list in Express Invoice.

• 7 months later...

Hello @itstheburns

The main thing is to enable Web Access feature for each program, in this case, Inventoria and Express Invoice. To get started, the best first move is to open the port for each program, for Inventoria that is port 1097 and port 96 for Express Inventoria. To open the port, please follow instructions from the following link, please open inbound and outbound communication for each port in order for them to work. Here is the link:
https://pureinfotech.com/open-port-firewall-windows-10/

After that comes Web Access configuration. The process is the same for both programs, here are video tutorials on how to do it:
-Inventoria
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmv2CdYVJz4&feature=emb_logo

-Express Invoice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRpCi6ya9mE