Can I save all tracks as one file so I can just paste it in to a video?

Julia Kot

I have an outro with a bunch of audio and video tracks on top of eachother. Can I save that outro as one file so I can paste it in at the end of my videos without it merging all into one track? I want them to stay in separate tracks so I can adjust parts individually if necessary.

Create the outro in a separate sequence, then SAVE it - perhaps as "Outro."  Don't export it.

When a project is saved, all sequences are saved.  So you may want to create your outro as a completely separate project.

When your main project is complete and the saved outro is to be added, click the Menu item (upper-left), then FILE | IMPORT CLIPS FROM ANOTHER PROJECT and chose the outro's VPJ file.  It will appear as the next higher sequence, normally sequence 2.

Use <ctrl-A> to select that entire sequence, then click <ctrl-C> to copy it.

Switch to sequence 1, place the cursor at the end of your project and press <ctrl-V> to paste.

Now you have the outro at the end of the project, with its independent original tracks.

• 3 months later...

When a project is saved, all sequences are saved.  So you may want to create your outro as a completely separate project.

If the outtro you want to save is already part of a larger project, you can do something like this:

• Save Project As
  • Open the new Project File
  • Delete everything else
  • Save what's left

That will all be easier if the outro is separate sequence.