Half of the video missing in my project

Julia Kot

Probably gonna stop using this trash but I want to at least export this video.

Like I said half of the video is missing when watching "Sequence Preview" but it's there on "Clip Preview" it's like that for all video tracks. How do I fix this? I made 3 project saves in case something fu**s up AGAIN. All 3 files have the same problem. I'm tired of this.

Once again.  Upload and share the project.  Videopad works well for most folks, and a complaint similar to yours hasn't been registered lately.

Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

• borate changed the title to Half of the video missing in my project

You could, but that might be insufficient.  Please submit the entire project.  And please stick with this one thread, so the conversation will not be fragmented.

Seeing your work will help YOU fix the issue.

Never have we seen [x] Yes, render the video destroyed.  The software may not be at fault.

You have not stated whether you are now using the latest release.

Folks here are standing by to help you if you meet them halfway.

Ok.. I don't even know what to think of this now. Maybe this software isn't trash but it's glitchy for sure. Deleting 99% of the fixed the issue, so then I just deleted 1 video and that also fixed the issue so I places it back in and everything is back to normal. 

In defence I did try a bunch of different actions like adding new files and changing effects in missing videos to fix the problem but only deleting one of the missing videos actually fixes the issue.

I'll give VideoPad one last chance. Being calmer now realizing I didn't waste 20 hours of work I wish to explain that I just don't have the time right now to send you the videos and follow instructions to get my work fixed that's why I don't want to send them right now. When I have more time I will send the broken files still on my laptop to maybe find out how to prevent these issues in future.

Big thanks for the fast replies though. Trash software, good support.

Your frustration is understandable.  The software is really quite good.  That's not to apologize for glitches that do crop up ... and are quickly dealt with when discovered.

Folks here are primarily helpful users, not NCH staffers, who volunteer their time to aid other users.

From your description, above, perhaps there was a corrupt file?  But, again, without seeing what you're working with it's tough to say.

Good luck.

Hi

Sorry, I've never seen "render the video destroyed"  message. At what point does this message appear?

Clip preview will just preview the clip you have selected, so seeing the whole clip in this window is normal.  Sequence preview should play the whole timeline.

I suggest you go into options and set up dual displays. You may then be able to pinpoint which clips don't play

Place cursor on a particular clip and click that clip on the timeline. It will now show in both displays. Play the Clip preview screen. Both previews should then play together up to the end of the selected clip.

How many tracks are you using?

Using Save Project As regularly, giving an incremental name each time should allow you to return to the last working edited version in which case you will lose little in the event of problem. As Borate says you need to share the project when someone can take a look and check it out. Most people find the application quite OK. Bugs do occur as with any complex software but are quickly sorted out or a reason found.

Nat

You can see above that borate said to stick to 1 thread so the conversation is not fragmented. That's what I was doing and then he fragmented the conversation by adding in the part about "render my video destroyed" that I was having a separate thread about. Go to my profile and you will find an explanation.

Yes I understand how the 2 previews and dual displays work.

I'm using 2 audio tracks and 2 video.

Yes I understand that "save as" helps. I do use it.