Feathering setting not retained in saved project in v 11.08

LaRa

ok then....er...I can't remember if I have used the key to register it.  Does it say Videopad professional V so-so at the bottom when you have registered as opposed to when not registered?

hi Borate! Just check this out. I think they fixed one bug but introduced another one. 

After masking, when I change the opacity value in effects (in my project from 0 to 52), the value does change as set when I move the slider in the effects window but it is not reflected in the preview.  If my memory can be trusted, I think this was working fine in the earlier version

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1oGTJt6Xpo-Qxu8E8iRYHG29b2lOW2Cny

Not working on my PC

When opacity is 0 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15UfCt-ZmzsvR0IngRE10ZHzkph8Tikw-/view?usp=sharing

when opacity is 52 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S_cNyltZQY_0-HXUNtJsIPtdYL3dvLqt/view?usp=sharing

Even though under the transparency bar the value changes from 0 to 52 when you move the red cursor line in the effects animation window, in terms of visible effect, the value of 0 remains unchanged from start to finish.

Let me try to explain what I was trying to do.  I have used a still and set the duration to 10 seconds.

I have applied a rectangular mask (with Mask inside unchecked, and a high feathering value)

Then I applied transparency which I wanted changing from 0 to 52 over the 10 second duration (key frames being the first frame and the last frame).

Basically, the value of transparency you set in the first key frame remains unchanged and the rest of the keyframes settings are not reflected.

If you are able to do it, can you please share the final video?

Sorry for bombarding you with messages...This is not working in v11.22 either.  So my memory can't be trusted. https://content.invisioncic.com/r33241/emoticons/default_smile.png

You have stumbled upon an old previously undiscovered bug.  Here's a workaround.  The steps...

1.  Place the bird clip on track one.

2.  Keyframe the TRANSPARENCY effect to begin at zero and end at 52.

3.  Overlay the same clip just above on track two.

4.  Create a mask, position it, UNcheck the "Mask inside" box

5.  Add the TRANSPARENCY effect and set opacity to zero.

Stay tuned to this thread for word of the fix.  If you run into other issues please begin a new thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the release version already out?  The nch software page didn't have any 11.28 even half an hour ago. Please give me the link if 11.28 release is available.

It says 11.29 beta.  Could you explain what these beta caveats are?

Also, how come you got to know of its release before it even appeared on the main VP s/w page? 

Another question I have is if the new registration key will work when the actual version comes out (Am I wrong to assume that it is better to have the actual version than the beta version?)

Edited by LaRa

ah ok! So that's how you get to know about the latest beta releases! Mystery solved! :)

So about my question, is it less advantageous to have a beta version vis-a-vis a release version? You could find undiscovered issues in release versions as well, right?

About my other question, will the new key that I now have work for the release version whenever it comes out even if the # changes?

I am so sorry to bother you with all these non-technical questions but I don't know who else to ask.

Thanks for your patience :)

And before I forget, I must express my appreciation for the folks at NCH for taking bug reports, direct and forwarded, seriously and taking steps to constantly improve their product(s). And for the support folks like yourself on this forum who are doing such excellent work, sometimes even in the face of what appears to me like rude behavior (frustration with product is no justification). Hats off to all you guys out there!

All my queries have been answered by the NCH team. Apparently, this license too is valid for six months. A pleasant surprise indeed!