Feathering setting not retained in saved project in v 11.08

LaRa

I find that the feathering setting in mask has reverted to the default value of 0 when I reopen a project.  It is problematic if I have used this feature in several clips in the project because I have to go each clip and change the feathering value all over again.

hi Borate,

Regarding free upgrade to bug-fixed version after expiry of the current license, I need to know where to officially report the bug.  The problem is, even though I am the user of the software, it is my husband who purchased it for me, so it is officially associated with his email. Could you please walk me through the procedure to officially report the bug?

• 2 weeks later...

yes, that problem has been addressed. But there is another one. In Storyboard mode, the clips completely disappear when you so much as move the mouse over it...but they do play normally in the preview window.  I went back to 11.22 and I find that this problem exists in that version as well

After testing with a half-dozen projects, not seeing that here.  Storyboard display was normal.

Confirm that the video driver and Direct-X are current...

AMD / ATI users: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
Intel users: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx
nVidia users:         http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Update DirectX: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113

Remember that SB mode displays only the clips on track 1.  And that 11.26 is beta (test) at this time.

Please list your PC's specs: CPU/GPU/RAM.

If you share your project, we'll take a look at how it does here.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

let me check the video driver and Direct-x. Will take time because I have to take husband's help for it. Meanwhile, I find that the old key that was supposed to have expired on 11th February is still working and I could use it successfully in the beta version. I wonder if I would be able to use it later for the actual version.

I am testing other things in the beta version in the meantime

specs are as follows

Win 7, 64 bit OS

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz

GPU: NVidia GeForce GT 610

Free space: 222GB

Direct-x v 11.0 

I don't know how to check if the video driver I have is the latest. when I click the above link it takes me to an automatic update link which I am hesitant to click. Can you guide me as to how to check what video driver I have?

A manual search shows the latest for your older video card..  image.png

Info and a download link are here.

To check the release # of your current driver, type "Control Panel" into the Windows search bar (usually at the bottom-left of the screen).  Click View by: chevron at the top-right of the screen if only categories are shown and choose Large Iconsimage.png

Click Device Manager.  Double-click on Display adapters.  Double-click on the subfolder that drops down.

Click the Driver tab.  The driver version is shown there...  image.png

There's no guarantee that this will change your results, which could not be replicated here.

Thanks so much for all the help and suggestions for improvement.

I will check exactly from which version this problem has started appearing. As suggested by you, it is probably my pc that is to blame

hi Borate! Could you please you let me know when the 11.26 release version is out? Would like to update VP as soon as possible so that I can take action without delay if I have a problem registering it with my current key.