Video integration

Imanuel

Hello everyone.
I want to merge two videos so that scenes from one of them are combined into knitting between the other's scenes. So far, I haven't found a convenient way to do it. I tried to put each video in a separate track and move what I wanted to a third track, but I quickly got in trouble because you don't see the scenes in front of each other at the same time. Does anyone have an intelligent way of doing it.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Imanuel

• borate changed the title to Video integration

Higher tracks take precedence over lower.  If a full-screen image is on track 1 and another immediately above it on track 2 only track 2 will be seen.

To merge them try picture-in-picture - scaling the track 2 image down to make it smaller to allow track one to show in the background.

If the image on track 2 has high contrast, chromakey (green screen) effect can be used to remove its background, with a result like this...

Snapshot - 2.png

If instead the TRANSPARENCY effect is applied to track 2,  the two tracks will be blended together but neither will be at their full video level.

If this isn't what you want, describe the result you're aiming for in more detail.

Hi

Although not particularly clear from your description, you seem to want to intersperse scenes from one clip into another clip (possibly without losing synch between the sound and video on the main clip.Thus producing cutaway scenes.  If this is the case do this....

• Open Options/Display and set up Show Dual previews (Not imperative  but can help)
  • Place the main Video on Video Track 1.   Do nothing else with this track.
  • Place the second video on Video track 2
  • Right click the Video on Track 2 and if you don't want audio to play select Mute Linked Audio.
  • Select Video track 2  so it appears in the Clip Preview window. and play the track (or move the red cursor line ) to the point where you would like this video to appear. 
  • Right click the clip on Video Track 2
  • Choose the option Split Selected Clips. This will split Video Track 2  at the cursor line
  • Move (or play) to the end of the section you want to be visible and split the clip once again.
  • Repeat the procedure , splitting the Track at the Start and End of the sections you want to retain.
  • Right click each of the unwanted sections one at a time and Delete them
  • This will leave sections of Video 2 on Video Track 2  with gaps between them......
  •  
  • z.jpg
  •  
  • The main Video will play untouched on Video Track 1 but the isolated sections (cutaways) on Video track 2 will play over Track one. 

Nat

To Nationalsolo : how can I see on dual preview two tracks simultaneously when I move cursor line?

Only one of them (depending on the games with "track solo" or "hide track") is displayed in the right window. In the window on the left, I just can see the one of original clips before it's taken to tracks.

I can think of all sorts of transfers between track and clip and back but it's already getting complicated. Can I see two tracks simultaneously?

Hi

It's not Track solo or Hide track control.

Go to Menu/Tools/Options/Display. Ticking the top box in this window should then produce Dual preview displays in the GUI.The left hand window is the Clip Preview The selected clip will display here even if it is not on the timeline. The right hand window will show the Sequence preview at the cursor position. Being able to see both displays at the same time is useful when you want to position text or scaled down images or masks or Zoom areas  or see an effect added to Track 2 when it is superimposed on Track 1

Nat

Yes, of course, I do it before according to your former advice.  In dual preview I have two windows: left for clip preview and right for sequence preview. My question is  how can I view  simultaneously two clips - one on track 1 and other on track 2 when I move cursor line?

Track solo or Hide track control I mentioned just to show that I've taken advantage of all the options.

Temporary effects that will allow viewing of multiple tracks at once in the Sequence preview window...

• Add the TRANSPARENCY effect to the upper track.
  • Use the SPLIT effect (horizontal 2), with one track on the A side and the other on B.
  • Use the POSITION effect to do the same.

I have a new trubble. I tried to learn about effects that you proposed (TRANSPARENCY, POSITION and SPLIT) but when I go to specific topic VideoPad Help (F1) I get instead topic description the screen https://www.nchsoftware.com/.

I get the same screen

https://www.nchsoftware.com/images/logo.png

Do More with Software

on almost every topic even those I've visited before. What exactly happened?

HELP is okay now.

Click the FX button on any clip, or EFFECTS in the toolbar, to open the effects window.  Choose an effect and experiment with what it does.

For example, the POSITION effect ... move the sliders or drag the image in the PV window.

Or the SPLIT-SCREEN effect...  assign a clip on track 1 to the A side and a clip that's just above track one on track 2 to the B side.  They will display side-by-side.

image.png      Click to enlarge.  When done with your adjustments, delete the effect.