No audio on video track

MSECgirl

I hope someone can help me. I have 2 videos, each with a linked audio. The 2nd video's linked audio is not playing - there's no sound. I can hear the audio on the audio track and when I listen to the video in another application. Here is the link to the file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pBVK2dL5mnmVuICSwvLqUaE1x_24e8qC/view?usp=sharing

Does anyone know why? I cleared the cache. The audio is not muted. Tried all the recommended remedies.

Flognaw posted this in response to your original thread...

"Hi, I just came upon a solution by myself while using the program this morning. I was checking my storage space on my hard disk drive before editing and after editing and video pad processing the video and loading the audio and it turns out that it uses up a lot of storage of gigabytes on your hard drive, after my video was processed I had 0 space left on my hard drive and thus it couldn't render or load any more audio files since there is no more space and that explains why the video's audio has not been fully loaded.

When you see that your video is being processed that means that video pad is loading the video and audio from the recorded video itself, if you don't have enough space on your hard disk drive then it can't load anymore audio or the video. The solution to this was that I went to video pad options top right of home menu: Then first going to Disk then look for cache then click on clear unused cache files, its ok if it didn't clear anything but if it did clear anything more better.

Next where it says cache folder click browse, pick another hard drive or any other location or folder on your computer that has a lot of space and then select the folder where you want the cache to be at, if there is no folder then make a new folder by right clicking the location where there is a lot of gigabytes of space and then going to new folder and rename the folder whatever you want but just know that the cache from video pad will be here.

Lastly once you have done this click ok on the new folder or area where the cache will be and then it will prompt you to restart your computer to start using this new folder or location and then do restart your computer and once it has been restarted and it should start working.

When you first load your videos to video pad please let it process the video 100%, when it has finished processing the videos 100% that means that all audio and the video has been loaded completely, unless you DO NOT HAVE A LOT OF SPACE ON YOUR COMPUTER, if you don't have a lot of space on your computer then it cannot load anything since there is no space its pretty self explanatory. For this to work you will need again a hard drive disk or any other area on your computer where it has a lot of space!"

-0-0-

What version of Videopad is being used?

Please follow these instructions there to upload and share your project.  Do not upload the export or the VPJ file alone.

Someone wiil be glad to check it out.

Share your project.  Someone will take a look and come up with a fix.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

That still isn't the PROJECT file, but it's evident how it was constructed.  Plays and exports fine in both v10.76 and 10.96.

You might install the latest VP version, to see if that solves the issue.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Hi

Your three missing files downloaded OK. The vpj file downloaded earlier correctly created your project with these.:).......

z.jpg

At first the Intro only played in the left channel  and the clip part had no sound at all. So check out the Audio Track1 setting at the left end of the timeline.......it was slid to the far right. Every thing was OK once this was centred. Simples :D

I am not sure if this setting was (or is) downloaded with your vpj file or not but it would be easy to miss and puzzling as the audio track is there. Centre it in the slider and all should be OK

Nat

At first the preview

Nat nailed it.  Move the balance slider to the center (no pan).

The core issue is that the man's audio was recorded to the right channel only.  Audio needs to be made MONO.

Use WavePad, which can be test driven for free.

In Videopad, right-click the man's audio track and from the drop-down menu choose Edit With Wavepad.

At the bottom of the WP window, click on the word STEREO and in the next box select MONO.  Click CONVERT.

Click the X at the top-right to exit and then click on SAVE.

The new, mono file will be somewhere on the VP timeline.

UNlink the old audio by right-clicking on the man's audio track, then delete that original audio track.

Now drag the new mono audio underneath the video, or drag the video above the audio, so they match up.

SOLVED- the problem that no one is addressing: you must get the software to ask you what stream you want, I found "I" had to select 'stream 2' because I was selecting Stream 1 and then it all worked again.  Second issue after downloading new 10.36 version is the audio tracks are too loud, you must go under Options, Media and uncheck the auto normalizing function, for some reason they have those checked and it screws up the recorded levels.  I am now having audio aliasing issues in Wavepad so I am off to that forum.  Good luck who ever reads this.

• 1 month later...

Just downloaded new version 11.17 (Jan 22, 2022) I think to fix the mono audio export bug on lossless exports, now the software is not prompting me to select the audio 'stream' number to use.  I have to have this or the audio track is not decoded on the video.  How do you get the software to prompt the question on what stream to use like it use to?

If the stream dialog doesn't appear when the file is loaded right-click on the MKV file in the bin.  Select Stream.

For another channel, either import the file again or right-click | COPY on the existing file, then right-click | PASTE CLIP.  Then select another stream.

Audio level issues with the OPTIONS | NORMALIZE EXTERNAL function have also been addressed.

16 hours ago, borate said:

If the stream dialog doesn't appear when the file is loaded right-click on the MKV file in the bin.  Select Stream.

That solved it, thanks for finding that, I selected my video in the bin, right clicked then went down to select the stream and then the audio track came back!!!