Saving finished movie to DVD disc

NEB

I haven't a clue how to download my finished video with audio to a dvd disc. I follow the instructions then am left hanging. Instructions very unclear. All I manage to do is to save the files on to a disc, not the video.

Yes tried that but it only saves as data files , despite clicking DVD Movie disc! I have been trying everything even resorting to managing to get a  dvd file by using another programme but then had to convert it. I got it on to DVD but it wouldn't play. I can watch it on computer ok as a dvd but not on dvd player. I have spent HOURS trying to suss this out. I also find it very unstable when trying to add more images to the saved file, with them popping up not where I put them, and some images coming out sideways, so how do I turn those ones?

Install the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Let's have a look at your project.  Then folks here can try to replicate your findings. 

Share your project.  Someone will take a look and come up with a fix.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Hi

Bit Odd. Try these steps again in case you may be missing something...(Version 10.56 32bit)

• Load your project and complete the editing.
  • Place an empty DVD disc in your drive. (Probably better to use a DVD-RW disc so you waste any if it goes wrong)
  • Click the Export Video tab. VP will scan for attached disc drives
  • Click DVD Movie Disc
  • Enter a Disc Name
  • Select the Burner (write disc drive)
  • Check correct video format and AR
  • Click Create
  • Follow the menu options
  • Click Burn   VP should now burn your playable video and verify it

Remove the disc. Re-insert and play disc with a suitable player e.g. VLC. If you set up a menu it should play first and allow you to click the set up button to play the movie. If you didn't set up a menu the movie will automatically start in the player.

If nothing happens insert the disc,  right click the drive and select Explore. You should see two folders; VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS.  Open these...Audio_TS will be empty. VIDEO_TS will contain a variety of files like these........

z.jpg

Depending on the length of your video and the presence or not of a menu there will probably more files than in this example.

Are you getting this result?

Nat

• 3 months later...

SOMEONE out there Help me. 

I have a full license of NCH Video software and followed the same instruction that the tutorial and Nationalsolo refer to.  At first, we were able to make several small (demo videos) saved and burned to DVD and felt rather proud of ourselves.  However, something happened, for some unknown reason we can not create and burn, when I get to CREATE, I click on CREATE the next screen should be BURN, but burn is not an option (Burn is not highlighted) for me to click on.  

• Load your project and complete the editing.
  • Place an empty DVD disc in your drive. (Probably better to use a DVD-RW disc so you waste any if it goes wrong)
  • Click the Export Video tab. VP will scan for attached disc drives
  • Click DVD Movie Disc 
  • Enter a Disc Name
  • Select the Burner (write disc drive)
  • Check correct video format and AR
  • Click Create
  • Follow the menu options
  • Click Burn   VP should now burn your playable video and verify it.  This menue pick is not highlighted/option for me to choose.   Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.  

BURN won't be available unless a burnable DVD is sensed by the drive.  Be sure that the disc type is a DVD (not CD) that's compatible with the optical drive.

Will Videopad create an Image File, which you can select from the first screen?

image.png

Install the latest version.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.