Difference between free and purchased version

Zeemookee

What is the difference between the free and purchased version of SoundTap?  I see on the forum pages references to options that I do not see in the free (Unlicensed) version that I have, i.e., the ability to select the source for the audio stream, .  I only have "Microphone" and "Default Sound In". 

is there someplace else where I need to go to point SoundTap to Firefox?

Thanks in advance,

SoundTap does not offer an option to pinpoint an specific website or a specific web browser such as FireFox. It should automatically detect the sound streaming through your computer speakers. Although, if you are trying to record from a source such as Spotify or anything that is DRM protected, the program will not record. NCh Software does not list the differences between their free and paid versions.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2022 at 5:49 PM, A3aan said:

Hi Fred!

”If you are trying to record from a source such as Spotify or anything that is DRM protected, the program will not record”.

Still no solution available @ NCH?

Regards, Adriaan

NCH Software does not support tampering with DRM Protected Files. Tampering with such files is illegal. 

https://www.nch.com.au/switch/kb/1449.html

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/23/2022 at 12:25 AM, degarb said:

There is not answer to the original questing that asked the difference, if any, between soundtap free and registered.

Hi. The "Professional" registration gives you a full features license to use a single installation of the SoundTap and removes the audio prompting you to purchase from future recordings that is added in the trial version.