Please HELP! Merge title with blank clip

Shani1985

Hi All, 

Please help me! I need it urgently for a project I am working on!

I created a blank clip and added a text on top of it so I will have titles in between images. I am unable to merge them together so they keep moving away from each other if I add something BEFORE that point which makes it difficult because I then cannot make changes AFTER I put the titles! How can I get around it?

First, for protection, Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the chevron to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar.

To insert text over a blank clip, use the controls under the preview window to go to the join point where you want the insertion to be... 

1.jpg

Then create a blank clip.  Right-click on it in the bin (top-left) and Place On Sequence at Cursor.  The blank appears between the clips.

Click the blank clip on the sequence and then click ADD TEXT in the toolbar and choose the style.  The text is superimposed over the blank.

If you need to close a GAP, right-click in the gap, then Close Gap.

Thank you so much for the reply! I already did that. but then the black clip is under video one and the text is under video 2. If I add something to video 1 BEFORE that clip it would shift everything in video 1 and video 2 would stay the same...meaning all of the texts that I add are now out of sync. 

Select the clips that are to be moved, along with the text blank.  Right-click and Group them.  All will move in concert.

If you make a mistake click <ctrl-Z> to backtrack, step-by-step.

Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the chevron to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar.

Hi

From your description you have images on the timeline (Track 1) but want to add simple text between them and the blank clip you are using is just a coloured blank.

Try this..

Create your text  but set the text editor background to Full Background selecting the colour you want.)In the example, green.)This produces a blank text on a coloured background. Obviously the text colour must contrast.(In this case Red) Place this text image on an upper track (Track 2) It can be positioned interdependently of the images on Track 1 so can be placed over a join. If necessary it is an easy matter to alter the durations of the main track images ...e.g lengthening them so they are visible for the correct duration.

z.jpg

Nat