Apply zoom to several clips at once does not keep same dimension

Julianvillarejo

Hi Videopad group,

I apply the effect "zoom" to a specific clip, using a specific dimension (f.i. 16:9). Then I want to spread this same effect to several clips, using button "Apply effects". 

When I do that, the effect "zoom" is copied, the dimension 16:9 is copied also (only the setting), but I have to review each clip manually, one by one, as the dimension is not kept in the image or the video.

Do you know how to fix it? Is it a problem or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you in advanced.

Hi

The normal procedure to add an effect (like Zoom) to several clips is...

• With all the clips/images on timeline place cursor over first clip and Ctrl +A. This selects all the clips
  • Click the FX for the first clip and select your effect (Zoom)
  • Set the zoom parameters and AR for the first clip/image.
  • In the effect parameter window click the 7th tab along the top (Append effect chain to other selected clips) it should be highlighted a brighter green if active.
  • Close the effect parameter window.

Selected clips will now have the effect applied.

Note the specific order...if you click the Append tab before you set the effect for the first clip...only the first clip will get the effect although other clips highlighted may show a highlighted FX box.

All clips/images will show the same effect and settings you applied to the first clip.

Nat

Multi-effect function is a work in progress.  Rumor has it that this may eventually become a copy/paste operation.

Now, with multi-selections, the Replace/Append buttons sometimes refuse to appear.  If Nat's instructions fail for you, try this...

Create your Zoom for a single clip.

Right-click the clip and COPY

Now select all the clips that should receive the same effect.

Right-click on one of them and PASTE SPECIAL (effects only).

Update to the latest release.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.