Green, or splotchy glitch video output

Douglas2

Hi - I've been tearing my hair out, trying new different versions of source video in new projects, and keep getting similar results of output with corrupted video upon completion of the export. 

Mac OS 10.15.7 Catalena, VideoPad Professional reports itself as 8.40 when I hit the "about Videopad" under the videopad menu.

I'm trying to assemble an minute-ish talking head before a longer musical performance. I've tried it just straight new project, import 2 files, drop them on the timeline, and export with no trimming, fades or processing, and I'm still getting a bad export.

If anyone can be of help in what I might be doing incorrectly, I appreciate it!

The files in my most recent attempts are straight downloads from my youtube account at 720p/30, and both work fine there.

Install this version and see if results improve.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

If not, please share the two files.  Someone will check it out.  Upload the files/s to a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, get a shared (public) link, copy the link and paste it here or to me in a Private Message via the mail envelope in the top-right corner of this forum.  When using Google Drive, if necessary changed "restricted" to "anyone with link can view."

6 minutes ago, borate said:

Install this version and see if results improve. 

Message sent, I'm presuming I'm supposed to be seeing something relating to "install this version" that would be a link to a version different from what I'm using?

Look again for the link.

Poorly white-balanced cameras, but the version 10.39 Windows 10 export had no glitches.

Color correction is best applied to individual cam footage prior to editing, of course.  But, at this stage, using the TEMPERATURE and COLOR ADJUSTMENTS effects globally may help some.  Also consider applying NORMALIZE to the audio track.

borate, thanks so much for sending me a good export -- and working to fix the color!

I've tried the new version from the link above and the exported file is giving me a message "The document 'x' could not be opened. The file isn’t compatible with QuickTime Player." Either when opening it in its directory, or when clicking on Play in the export queue for the completed file.  

When videopad has worked for me it has been so quick, easy, and fantastic, and I've recommended it to so many people -- so I'm really bummed that I'm having a bad VideoPad day.

• 1 year later...

I am having the same issue.

Using VideoPad 11.73 on a Windows machine.  I am importing a .MOV file, doing some minor editing, and exporting it as lossless.  Every so often it will export as just a green screen.

If I export it not as lossless but as MP4, I get the same thing.

Install the latest release.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

If that exports the same, let's see the project, for analysis.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

6 hours ago, sofiabelle said:

...not an issue when it comes to exporting as MP4.

Why file type is the LOSSLESS export?

Update to the latest release and see if this is still the case.  Please report back.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

• 2 weeks later...

I updated to the latest version and I haven't had any green screen issues yet, but now 10 days later I lost a bunch of features and can no longer export video.  Up until now I've been using it for years with no issue.  How do I revert to the previous version?

That is odd.  Try a right-click on the program's executable and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

Perhaps your current project uses files or effects that make it ineligible for Lossless exporting.

Lossless export provides the highest quality video. It does this by re-encoding your video file only when required. Some editing functions require your video to be re-encoded on export. These include adding transitions, adding effects or exporting to a different file type than the original file.

You can use this feature from File->Export Lossless Video. Check Lossless Export Settings for more information.

Free versions don't expire, but they are limited in features.  The unlicensed normal version will also scale back after a time.

Consider a  License, and all should be well.  Then, if it does the job for you, there's no need to update.  New versions can always be test driven, to see what's new.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.