How to add text page into a video? (not overlay)

dee100

Hi, i would appreciate some direction

There are no NCH tutorials how to do this, they cover overlay only

I  did it successfully yesterday

but today, when I drag the image into video track, it goes into track above, thus turns it into an overlay.

When I tried to put in titles instead , at bottom of screen, it turned it into a page overlay again.

help to get titles right much appreciated too,.

thanks

What version is being used?  Share the project and indicate which clip you intend to reposition.  Someone will check it out.

Share your project.  Someone will take a look and come up with a fix.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

And another thing, if you don't mind...The first page I made was for 20 secs. Now all pages have a default of 20 secs.

Even i change the duration 20 2.30 secs for text page...still is 20 secs only...any solution for this, please?

Home version, the editing is going well by the way, for a technophobe like me, that is really something! I'm happy with editing part of videopad

type

to 2.30 secs

It is unclear what you mean by "pages."

Clip lengths can be altered by dragging their borders or handles.  Right-click on a still image and there's a 'duration' item as well.

For text clips, either drag the borders or right-click and 'change speed.'  Type the desired length into the duration field.  image.png

The default length for stills and text clips can be set under OPTIONS | MEDIA and EDITING tabs.

As for the overlay query, share the project, as above.

A page as in a word doc...black text on white to go  into my video, no audio to the page...

I forgot some information on video, so adding that info as a text page into video...for viewers.

Thanks, Borate!

The outro page, I was able to drag and lengthen duration that way, to 2.30 secs.

Th inserting a text page in middle of video, I had to abandon after 2 hours...maybe my teacher on Wednesday will get to the bottom of it.

many thanks for your kind help!

Sending you the folder is beyond me...thanks for the offer of looking at the project...

Dee