Unable to Export Video VP goes into (Not Responding) state

rayulb

When attempting to Export Video VP goes into (NOT RESPONDING) state and remains. 

Licensed V10.32, v10.33, v10.34 (beta) all do the same. 

I have attempted to uninstall, reboot (WIN10) then reinstall but still the same.  Was working fine for a month and suddenly DOA. 

Desperately seeking help to get my version working again.

Go the the cache folders and clear all files therein...

On the PC, go to this path...   "C:\Users\<PC name>\AppData\Local\Temp\VideoPadCache"  and delete all files in the Cache folder and in the Soundcache subfolder.

Does it do this on a specific project, or ANY project?  If specific, please share it and someone will check it out.  The process is easy, quick and can be private.  Follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

If not a specific project, try an uninstall using this free tool.  Uninstall all registry entries when it prompts.  Then reboot and reinstall Videopad.

Thank for responding...

I have tried two separate projects. 

For testing (the assorted versions of VP) I used one file off my Go_Pro and attempted to use it to Export Video and (Not Responding) state occurs for all.

Attempting the free uninstall tool right now!

Still have this issue.  Not sure why.  The free uninstall got into my registry and cleared some items.

Downloaded 10.32, started a new project with new video files and when I attempt to Export Video VP goes to (Not Responding) state again.  It is almost like that secondary pop up status window is being blocked or hung and that causes the (Not Responding) state to occur.

Thank you for responding.

I am going to run the uninstall program again, hopefully will correct Registry settings again and then will reboot. Wasn't able to reboot last attempt as had a webinar to attend.  Wondering if the registry was still active even tho settings were deleted.

*fingers crossed*

Above didn't work and I thought about what other changes have happened to my computer in the last while.

A Microsoft system patch 4/14/2021, uninstalled the one with this date, and low and behold, VP is functioning again.