Unable to Add MP4 File

Lim1977

• Lim1977 changed the title to Unable to Add MP4 File. Why? Any reason? I am using VideoPad Editor.

Hi Marquis. 

It will come out 'Error Loading Clip Files'. I cant even open all my previous work because its all based on the previous MP4 file. 

Yes. Hopefully we will get some answer here. Have you reported your problem yet by clicking Your Top Right side? Click on the 'BETA' link. 

You open Videopad, then attempt to ADD FILES or OPEN PROJECT and receive "Error Loading Clip Files?"   And the files have not been moved or deleted?

What version of Videopad is being used.  Try an install of the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

• borate changed the title to Unable to Add MP4 File

No version of VP stops working.  The trial or free releases have limitations but they, too, don't expire and can be 'test driven' at anytime, to see what's new.

You can always reinstall your old registered version.  If you have lost the installer, go here.   If you have lost your registration, go here.

Only one version can be installed at a time, so when you install a different release the old one gets kicked out.

Don't know why you cannot 'upload' your files.  Do you mean that you cannot add them to the bin/timeline, or that you cannot export your project?

If the former, please take a minute to share a file or two that does this and someone here will check it out.  Just upload the file/s to a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, get a shared (public) link, copy the link and paste it here or to me in a Private Message via the mail envelope in the top-right corner of this forum.

Using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view."

Version 10.17 has stopped uploading Mp4s. It uploads jpegs still but won't upload any Mp4 video file. The Mp4s play perfectly and I have many.. They are not corrupted. I was never given registration as Microsoft installed this to my account over the phone. The registration link you gave fails to recognize my email.   

Microsoft purchase is another bag.  Apps purchased from the Microsoft Store (and stores in general) don't use registration codes. You purchase the app and install it via the Microsoft Store app. If you're in the Microsoft Store and go to My Library (click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner), you should see a list of apps purchased.

When you say 'uploads' do you mean ADD FILES won't add mp4s?  If that's the case, share a few here as instructed above and we'll check them out.

Loaded up just fine in both the 32- and 64-bit 10.17 versions.

Under OPTIONS | DISK tab, Clear Unused Cache Files - though that's likely not the issue.

The next suggestion would be to reinstall the program, but you have already done that.

Reboot your PC.

When you ADD FILES, and choose one of your mp4s, what happens - precisely?  Any error messages?

Try this version.

Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components"  (or similar path, with out the x86) and delete all the files in that folder.

Go to "C:\Users\<PC name>\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components" and do the same.

Reboot.

Install this version.

It won't hurt to check that your video driver and Direct-X are up to date ..  https://www.nch.com.au/kb/10265.html

There's no mandate to update if the release that you are using is doing the job.  Newer versions can always be tested, even unlicensed, to see if they offer advantages.

What version of Videopad is being used?  Look at the start-up screen or at the bottom-left of the VP window.

Did you purchase from the Microsoft store?  If so, a bug has been unearthed and a new build should be available for download there within a day or so.

In the interim, try this release.  Or this one.  They may be 'unlicensed' but should serve until the new release is up at Microsoft.

And routinely Save Project File AS, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  Then you are protected. Click the chevron at the right of the SAVE PROJECT button to see that choice.  Or access it via MENU (top-left) | FILE menu.

When attempting to add an MP4 file into a new project that I created using the paid version of VideoPad (version 10.17), I get the following error:

Error Loading Clip File(s)

The following files could not be added:

Failed to load file.

Thanks. I just installed the free version of VideoPad you referenced in your response and it seems to be working properly. Will this free version expire at some point? What are the limitations when using this version? What is the process of getting the bug fix for my paid version?

If the paid version came from Microsoft, wait a few days and then re-download there.  It should be fixed and licensed.  If not, come back here.

The unlicensed 'free' version doesn't expire but has effect and export limitations.

I did not get my paid version via the Microsoft Store. I purchased it from NCH Software online. My business relies heavily upon the ability to export and post video files.

-0-0-

Sorry, I'm in error. My receipt does show that my purchase was done via Microsoft.

-0-0-

My browser just launched on its own with a file to download called ffmpeg23x64.exe. Was this somehow sent by NCH Software or some inherent feature of the VideoPad software I was instructed to download?

Yes, that was an install-on-demand codec.  No worries.  If the installer landed in the DOWNLOADS folder simply delete it there.

Thanks for confirming the Microsoft purchase.  The offering there should be fixed shortly, and then you can re-download.