How to make copied text clips unique

Nate999

I have a clip which is text with certain effects - I want to copy this clip and paste it in other parts and just alter the words in the text, keeping the rest of the effects.

How do I do this without changing all my previous clips?

Thanks

Nate

Create the initial clip.

Right-click on that clip in the bin and click COPY.

Right-click in an open space in the bin and click PASTE (clip).  Do this as for as many clips as needed.

Drag each clip from the bin to the desired location on the sequence.

Double-click on each to open the editor.  Revise the text.  No other clip other than the one being edited will be affected.

Create the initial clip.

Right-click it in the bin, choose EFFECTS.

In the Blending and Color Correction section apply the TRANSPARENCY effect and plot an animation similar to this...

image.png

Now proceed with the earlier instructions.  Each clip will have the fades.

For info on using the animation editor see http://help.nchsoftware.com/help/en/videopad/win/effects_animating.html

No, that's not the case, as explained above.

Apply the effect/s, such as the fade animation (graphed above), to the initial BIN clip,

Since the initial clip is automatically placed on the timeline (prior to adding effects), delete it from the timeline after adding the effects to its bin clip. Then copy as instructed in the bin, and the effects you programmed on the initial clip will carry over to each copy, which can then be placed individually on the timeline where desired.

But there's another approach that may be more straightforward...

Do the copy procedure, arrange the clips on the sequence, then on the timeline click any single clip's FX button.  Add the desired effects.

Click the folder icon on the effects window toolbar.  image.png  Give your custom effects a name and click on SAVE.

That creates a custom effect template that will appear at the bottom of the effects list.  Open any clip's effects window and apply it just as you would any other effect.

You can even apply it to multiple clips by first selecting them, then applying.  Depending upon which VP version is in use, this may also require clicking the "replace chain" button on the effects toolbar.  image.png  (The one with the check mark.)

(Your duplicate post has been deleted, to keep the thread intact.)

Dunno.  Seems pretty swift to me.  Using method two, above, once a custom template has been saved - with all desired effects - it can be applied to single or multiple clips as easily as any other effect.

Suggestions are always welcomed.  Click the chevron at the top-right of the Videopad window for a drop-down list.