Overlay Text Won't Show On Rendered Video

Gregd

Hi. I can't find a reference to this problem so starting a new one. Would be grateful for your help 🙄

I have 4 separate lines of text overlay. One is a 'Simple Text Overlay' and the other 3 use the  'Typewriter' and 'Mobilize' text function. ONLY the text using 'Simple Overlay' shows on the rendered video, the others are entirely missing. Can anyone help to solve this?

Thank you. Greg 🙏

Hi Greg

Do they play in the preview? Even if you placed them above each other on the tracks and had them all centered on the screen they should all be visible and play if animated as they have transparent backgrounds.....e.g........

bb.jpg

What version of VP are you using? Above is with 8.94. This example exported correctly and played correctly in VLC.

It's an unusual fault as the sequence preview is usually what exports. So... Questions....

Was the Simple text overlay placed on the top track (track 4,) and did you for some reason did you set the text background in the editor to Full background? (Black by default) If so it would cover up the texts below it.

What is the result if you arrange all the texts on their different  tracks so as  to follow each other (i.e. staggered) and check THAT export. They should play one after another. Do they?

If that fails then pull all the texts down to Track 1 so they follow each other. That export should play.Do they?

Have you perhaps Hidden the Track on output?

Nat

Hi Nationalsolo. Thanks VERY much for helping. Really appreciate it! I double checked all those things but no joy. I created a new test like yours and still the same. Typewriter text will not show up on render. It HAS worked before. I'm at a loss. The version of Videopad I'm using is 8.65. Thank you 🙏

Hi Greg

At a bit of a loss...:wacko:

• Open VP and then Add Title
  • Click Typewriter
  • Type "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" Make it Arial; size 9 and Red

aa.jpg

The interface should now look like the above and scrubbing the cursor line along the timeline (or playing the preview) should show the text appearing letter by letter in the preview screen. Note the clip durations, (I have kept the text edit box visible in the image above)

Does it work at your end this far??

Exported as an MP4  it plays here in VLC.....

FOX.jpg

If you don't get an export of a single text , on its own then something is a bit odd.

Nat