Image files not exporting

batista230

Hello again

I have made a Videopad file consisting of an audio file and a video file dubbed which run together on same time line and as the video file finishes and the audio files continues I have put an image file to cover the rest of the space of the audio files

Please see these 2 images

https://ibb.co/Sm0Y2Vk

https://ibb.co/VgcyNxF

However when I convert the Vdeopad file into an mp4 file, the result of it is the image file does not display at the end of the movie.

Again please see these 2 attachments

https://ibb.co/6XRMWmd

https://ibb.co/YN7LcBv

• borate changed the title to Image files not merging into the video

So what you're saying is that the still image does not appear on the exported project.

Upgrade to the latest release.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

If that does not solve the issue please share your project.  Someone will take a look and come up with a fix.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*  Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. Change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view"  Click COPY LINK | DONE.
  •     Share ---    Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

• borate changed the title to Image files not merging (exporting) into the video

Hi batista230

You are using VP 7.24 which is a little old although can't recall this problem with it but it's possible.-_- Try the latest release as Borate suggests.

Your two images show the VP timeline as expected.  i.e. a video clip with the audio muted. An new audio track added under to replace it and an image added onto the end to extend the visuals to match the added audio. (Not sure why the main clip is split however) Nevertheless it should ALL export OK as an mp4.

Suggestion

• Load your project back to VP by clicking your saved vpj file.
  • Wait until the green bar has completed.
  • Convert the timeline into a Sequence by clicking the + that follows Sequence 1 x at the left end above the timeline.
  • Open the Sequence bin and load Sequence 2 to the timeline.
  • Export that as a mp4 /H264 /Default quality/Auto match content

Does this export play?   A similar setup plays here with 8.94 using VLC.

You could also load the exported mp4 back to VP as though it was a clip and see if it plays OK. Again it should.

Nat

I tried the new version and redone that video and I can confirm it now works.

Unfortunately I have just done another one with the same video before but removing the video all together on the Videopad file.  But the video is still there when it has been processed into MP4.

• borate changed the title to Image files not exporting

The timeline will continue to show your project edits, even after export, until you close the project and relaunch Videopad, or manually delete all content.

While editing, Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.

To Clear Unused Cache Files click the Menu item at the top-left, then TOOLS | OPTIONS.  In the window that pops up, click the DISK tab.  Do this before starting a new project.  Nothing of the old will be left behind.

Hi

"....And it's still showing the video after its been exported.

Could not find the export option though......."

That doesn't make sense. :wacko: 

If you exported your project it will still be present on the timeline and you will know where the option is. (You will have used it export your project as an mp4 or AVI clip) and in this case the  Export Video option on the tool bar will still be active.

If...on the other hand you closed VP or emptied the timeline by deleting all the clips the Export Video option will be inactive since the timeline would be empty.

Nat