Credit card account issue...

Gregson

Hello, 

I am using Express Accounts version 8.16.  I am puzzled why how the credit-card account works.  I tried to post the interest ($0.26) charged on a very small purchase by using Account transfer in the Accounts tab.  I tried to transfer the amount from Credit Card (balance of -$165.19) to Interest Expense (balance of -$0.16) for the date 2018-01-08.  The transfer was refused with the message "This account does not have an adequate balance." while pointing to the Credit Card account entered in the "Transfer from account:" window. 

I thought that the whole point of a credit card was that the purchases could be made which drove the account negative, and that the card owner then paid off the card when she/he wanted.  Is there a way to specify the card limit?  Is there a more appropriate way to do what I was trying to do?

Also, how can I include a screen capture in this message?  It would help by increasing the clarity of what I was doing and its outcome.

Thanks for your time and help.

Best regards,

Peter

• 2 years later...

I had a similar issue with my credit card account in Express Accounts, so I completely understand your frustration! After doing some research, I discovered that credit card accounts work a bit differently than regular bank accounts. Instead of transferring the interest to the Interest Expense account, try adding it as a separate transaction on the credit card account itself. As for specifying the card limit, that is usually set by the credit card company and can be found on your statement or by contacting them directly. Regarding your question about including screen capture, you can usually take a screenshot by pressing the ""Print Screen"" button on your keyboard and then pasting it into a document or image editing software. Also, I found some info about online CC and physical CC at https://Brianscrаbs.cm, which might be helpful to you.