Conversion of The File Has Failed - to MP3?

LouieBrown

Hi. Suddenly my Switch Plus has stopped converting files to .mp3 stating that the conversion of the file has failed because "the encoder used to create the file has quietly failed. It's possible the choice of encoder settings produced the issue". The encoder settings used are the same I have been using for years and I cannot understand what the problem is. Could you help understand what the problem is?

• 5 months later...

I have the same issue.  even re-installed the software, same problem.  It worked fine for an extended time, then all of a sudden problems.  Converting to different bitrate and then this happens, don't have time for this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This could happened due to an updated version installed on your computer that has removed the licensed version of the program, Please contact NCH Technical support here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html in order to request the valid version of the software with your registration code in order to restablish the software on your machine and be able to complete your tasks. 

• 2 months later...

This problem with Switch File Converter when converting to MP3 was a surprise to me after using this function for years.  After researching on this forum and investigating the Encoder settings, I was able to solve the problem by changing the Encoder's "Bitrate" option to "Average Bitrate" (224) and clicking "OK". I have had no problems since. No software update or change is needed.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing this news! I was recommended to check insufficient system resources. If my computer doesn't have enough processing power or memory to handle the conversion process, it may result in errors or crashes. They recommended me to try closing other programs or upgrading your hardware. But I followed your post and now it works.

project design (description)

• 1 month later...