How do I change my levels from -24 and -27dB to -18 and -23dB RMS

Seamonstar

Cool! I'm working with them too! I had that last test rejected yesterday so I've downloaded Audacity, as they suggested, and have finally got the levels between -18 and -23.

This is my 30th submission so I too was really mystified by the rejections... The lady from AR was really helpful, said that Audible were coming down and not accepting anything outside their requirements - maybe they're being inundated with audiobooks and need to clamp down.. who knows .. Anyway great chatting and all the best with your audiobook business!

20 hours ago, Seamonstar said:

Cool! I'm working with them too! I had that last test rejected yesterday so I've downloaded Audacity, as they suggested, and have finally got the levels between -18 and -23.

This is my 30th submission so I too was really mystified by the rejections... The lady from AR was really helpful, said that Audible were coming down and not accepting anything outside their requirements - maybe they're being inundated with audiobooks and need to clamp down.. who knows .. Anyway great chatting and all the best with your audiobook business!

What do you mean you downloaded Audacity? Did you then transfer your entire file to Audacity? I looked at Audacity in order to get a better idea of what to do, but I didn't download it. I'd love to know how you did that transfer. And what did Audacity have that WavePad didn't have? I got my file to -29 dB, but haven't lowered it below that yet.

I downloaded it from this link: Download | Audacity ® (audacityteam.org)

Once it's downloaded you drag each file into the window - I did it individually - you click Effect then Amplify on the dropdown. Once you've done that you go to the dropdown where Analyze is and click the measure button - it'll tell you how high the peak is. Then just save it as normal to where ever you want it.

Hope this helps!