jerky capture

Dlass

I'm using a Mac to try to capture a stream with Debut. The stream plays very cleanly when I don't capture, but when I do capture, it's a little jerky, with quick freezes ever five or ten seconds. That jerkiness is endurable, but not nice. It's an older (2011) iMac, using OS 10.11.6. Is this a matter of my equipment not being speedy enough?  I have to assume that streaming servers don't know I am trying to capture (for my own use entirely), and somehow throw in some crap that makes captures not work.

Hello Dlass,

Based on what you are describing it is likely that your computer may not have enough power to run the video and capture it at the same time.  There is also the possibility that the stream you are trying to record from is protected against piracy which will stop any recordings, for personal use or other wise. 

Thank you. There must be some way to assess whether a particular computer system is capable of video stream capture. I mean, who would want to buy the software if they could not have some assurance that their computer was up to the task? Also, how do you recognize a video that has such privacy protection? Is that common?

• 2 weeks later...