Is there anyway to replace current clips with newer clips?

miogpsrocks

Hello. 

I have created a video using clips which were only 480P.  I recently acquired the identical video clips in 720P and was wondering if there was a way to swap the files? 

They are exactly the same except one is higher quality than the other. 

Please let me know if there is a way to do this? 

Thanks. 

Hi

If you saved a project file (vpj file of your project  and this loads  into VP OK then you should be able to do this fairly easily.

• Look up the folder that contains your original 480p clip
  • Note the exact name of the clip
  • Load the 720p clip to a suitable empty holding folder and change the name of it to exactly that of the 480p clip
  • Remove the 480p clip and replace it with the renamed 720p clip
  • Reload your project from the vpj file and check the substitution has worked.
  • If it works then repeat the procedure for the other 720 clips.
  • If VP prompts for the "missing" clip then resolve the issue by selecting it from the folder.
  • Once all the clips are changed Save project As to create a new vpj file.

Nat

On 10/17/2020 at 2:31 AM, Nationalsolo said:

If you saved a project file (vpj file of your project  and this loads  into VP OK then you should be able to do this fairly easily...

Seems to generally work but I did notice a few clips not as edited the same as the original but this still does save 98% of the work I would have to do if I created from scratch. 

Hi

Normally any clip replaced in the project should still retain the editing you made on the original. This is a property of the vpj file.  As far as I know VP recognizes the new file as the original one as the name and file type should be the same. If some don't come over as originally edited it may be a result of some difference in the two files apart from the name.. e.g. length???

Nat