Video Not Exporting Correctly

JCstorey

Hello. I need help. I am not an expert in creating videos. I have used Videopad to create basic, 5 minute announcement videos for church. I have used the same export settings for every video and they have worked well, but now I am having issues. I use video backgrounds and overlay graphics and add audio. The exported videos will not show the overlaid graphics or it shows them in the wrong places. I am ignorant but doing my best to learn and understand. How do I know what settings to use for my video? There is so much information to search through and I am not familiar with all the correct terminology so I am not exactly sure where to search or what to search for. Is there a way to share my video project and see if there is something I have done wrong? What can I do? Any help would be appreciated. 

First thing:  Under OPTIONS | DISK tab, Clear Unused Cache Files prior to loading projects for the first time.  If currently working on a project the cache can be cleared at that time as well.

Of course. Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  Then you can restore a project to the state it was in when saved.  Just double-click the VPJ file (which isn't playable).

What version of VP is being used?  Try this one. For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

What are your export settings?  The suggested defaults usually work well.  What is the resolution of the bulk of the source files?

Share your project and someone will help.  This is easy, quick and can be private.  Issues are often quickly resolved.  Just follow these steps...

1.  With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
2.  Locate the saved, numbered folder.  No need to upload the export or VPJ files.  Upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*
3.  Get a shared, public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. Click the blue "Change to anyone with the link..."  Then click COPY LINK | DONE.
4.  Paste that link here, or click the folder, above top-right in this forum, and message it to me.  This is private and won't be shared.
*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Hi

Share it to GD as Borate describes by all means but check a couple of things first...

Does your project play as you want it to when you preview it in VP?

Does "wrong places" mean screen positions or time positions? 

Check your graphics for overlay have been placed on Video Track 2 and if they are full frame with no transparent areas that you have scaled them down to reveal the video on Track 1

It's a good idea to use dual displays (Options/Display) as it's easier to monitor movement effects etc.

Nat

Borate,

I am currently using VideoPad Professional 8.77

My curent settings, which have not changed but have ceased to work are as follows.

1. Custom
  2. .mp4
  3. 1920x 1080-1080 HD
  4. Letterbox
  5. Constant 29.97fps [TV NTSC]
  6. Overlay

As I've stated, I am not an expert and found settings that worked and continued to use them.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qTSKmil_YlnNlh6rgMW5qmfFofChm3pc?usp=sharing

Nat,

It does play as it should in the preview.

Wrong place means time positions.

I have checked the graphics and am using transparent PNG which are sized correctly.

Joe

The 24 tracks have maxed out VP memory.  When the 64-bit version arrives (no target date) that should no longer be an issue.  720 export should be okay.

In the future you might also consider a little pre-production, to lessen the load and increase export speed.  For example:  your track 2 background looping clips could be copied to a new sequence, then that sequence exported.  The resulting single file, with all transitions composited, would replace dozens of clips and transitions.

• 2 weeks later...