Audio track does not load from an MP4 file

italiangen

Let's take a look.  Upload the mp4 to a free server and make it public.  Get a shareable link and post it here or in a private message.  If using Google Drive, change the 'restricted' link to 'anyone an view.'  These issues are usually solved quickly.

Thank you Borate.  Here is the link.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZUPHviE0u9kLv7dAthNv2DW6EXHtB8n6/view?usp=sharing

I originally tried to use a newer version of VPE.  It always said the there was an error in loading some transitions and effects.  So I uninstalled that ver and tried 8.5x and the problem was still apparent, the same error and no audio recognition.  I finally tried the 8.1 ver which was the newest ver when I repurchased a new license in Feb 26.  I'd love to use a newer ver that my time period allows.. 8.6x?

The Zoom video also has an automated closed captioning embedded on it.  Will VPE process this as well.

As always, thanks for your superb support.

Peter

Took a look at the file in WMP, another player and another video editing program.  No captions were shown, so apparently they are not embedded in the video.  If they are a separate stream, those programs are not detecting it.

For the audio issue, under OPTIONS | DISK tab, Clear Unused Cache Files.

The next thing to try is to close VP.  Locate this folder on the PC and delete all the files that it contains...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\VideoPad"   (or the similar path without the x86).

Then reinstall version 8.45.

If that fails, a total uninstall/reinstall would be worth a try, using this free tool.  Remove all registry files that it suggests.

Judging by results here, there is no reason why audio is not loading.  Be sure to give it time to cache, which should take no more than a few minutes on your I5 PC.

There is little reason to have 2K video for content of that nature.

Still the same.  I used the tool, deleted all the VPE files and registries entries,  reinstalled 8.45, waited 10 minutes, no green progress indicator for video and still no audio track.  Like you I played the mp4 with VLC and WMP and it plays just fine.  Any other ideas?

-0-0-

After testing a lower-res version of the file...

Sorry to say that it is the same result.  Could it be a BIOS issue?  I have no idea what I'm talking about but Lenovo did send out an updated version a few months ago.  If you look at my account I have issues with VPE that started back then.

Peter

As it cannot be replicated here in several VP versions, this does hint at a machine-specific issue.  Try it on another PC if possible.

Reboot the PC, if you haven't already done so.  Check back occasionally;  someone else may chime in with better suggestions.

You don't need to delete or license, to test.  Just install a VP version on the other PC and see if it plays the audio.

Another thought is to verify that your PC audio driver is up to date.  Though it doesn't always report accurately, one way to do this is to...

Right-click the START button and choose DEVICE MANAGER.

Double-click the Sound, video and game controllers entry near the bottom of the list.

Double-click the Realtek HD Audio item.

Click the Driver tab.

Click Update Driver, then Search Automatically.

Chances are it will say that you have the latest.  But if it doesn't it will update the driver.

Also update video driver and Direct-X, if necessary.  https://www.nch.com.au/kb/10265.html

If you are uncomfortable with these procedures, enlist an experienced friend or tech.

Glad it worked out.  Windows is a mystical thing...😬

There's never a mandate to install new VP versions.  If what you have is workiing for you, stick with it.  But latest releases can always be test driven for free.  Be certain to back up your projects, and retain the old installer and license code.

Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  Then you can restore a project to the state it was in when saved.  Just double-click the VPJ file (which isn't playable).