Text/image effects not appearing

TheSabatouer

Good evening folks,

I've only recently got into using video pad in the last week or so.
I've since put together 2 videos using is (roughly 15 minutes each) of captured gameplay with text annotations scattered throughout. With the first video I noticed after making it that one or two of the text effects were not appearing and I had to re-do them. However in this second video (despite ensuring they were working immediately after putting them in) after finishing the project I went back to re-watch it all and found that hardly any of the text/pictures were appearing, and the ones that were caused the video to pause while they were on screen. However if I paused the video and just hovered over the section, they would appear.

And now as I'm trying to share the project/video its only coming out with about 55 seconds of the actual 15 minute project.

Sorry this question is a bit all over the place, will be happy to provide more information but wanted to know if there's some kind of fix anyone is aware of that I'm just overlooking.

All the Best!

What version?  What's the resolution of the bulk of the source files?  What are your PC's specs:  CPU, GPU, RAM, free space on C:\?

Try this VP version.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

THE best way to quickly track this down is for you to share it.  Takes little time and can be private.  Have your second project fully on the timeline.  FILE | SAVE  PORTABLE PROJECT AS  per the instructions here.  Don't upload the exported video.

http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to get a shareable, public link - not one that is restricted.

Someone will check it out.

Hi

• Switch into Show dual previews in Options/Display  This makes it much easier to monitor what might be happening.
  • Your text clips should be on an upper track..(by default Video Track 2)  and a clip will also be present in the image clip bin. They should not have other clips above them on the timeline. If there are clips above on a higher track then the text will not be seen as upper tracks play over lower tracks.
  • If text clips appear correctly on the upper track with nothing above them, drag the red cursor line along the timeline and check what appears in the Sequence Preview window when the cursor line passes through the text clip. If everything is correct then WYSIWYG.   e.g..............

aa.jpg

Nat

Hey Nat,
Thanks for getting back to me.

I tried opening the second window just now, dragging the red cursor across the preview shows exactly how I want it to look. It's just clicking play seems to cause it to stutter and not work.

I'll try and do what Borate suggested an upload my file to see what's going on.
I'm using V8.56. The bulk of the video is just >30fps gaming footage with a few google images flying by. AMD RYZEN 7. 16GB Ram. 500Gb (Asus Zepherus G14)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wgujz7gvkzr0sxa/AABZKfQDw27Yk4uUvQrSQFg_a?dl=0

Hope this had uploaded okay, as I say it's just my first week using VP so I'm aware my project is a little shonky, but I really appreciate the help.