Losing background blur clip when exporting

singlegolfer

I created two video clips. one is original vertical movie clip and second one is blurred clip to cover black area. However when I exported it out, it only show the first one. Am I missing something? The main video track is on top and blur clip is on second. (I wish I can insert the image here but my latest chrome browser doesn't support tools)

Hi

Another thought:

Is your Track 2 clip a full frame 16:9 clip with your image vertically in the centre and does it look like A or B when viewed  ion the timeline?

ccc.jpg

If it looks like A then it is a 9:16 clip (portrait image) and it is transparent in the area not covered by the image.This should show the background image in these areas if there is a 16:9 clip on Track 1 below it.

If it looks like B then it is a full frame 16:9 clip that will cover up anything on Track 1 below it.

Nat

The A/R of the overlay video appears to be causing the issue.

In the bin (top-left) CROP it at 9:16.  Then drop it onto the timeline and do not add any effects.

Alternatively, on the sequence clip, go to the effects Aspect Ratio Transforms section, click LETTERBOX.

Takes care of it here.

Hi

It's very odd!  Each clip seems normal.  If I place a yellow blank below the Track 2 clip....The transparency is OK as is the 9:16 golf clip . but the transparency is not exported.

Add a Crop to Aspect Ratio effect to the timeline clip cures the problem but why? Possible bug? Worth reporting?

Nat

Hi B

Can't see it as 16:9 here. It  comes up  as a 9:16 clip  (AR = 0.562)  This the same as the given pixel AR (1080/1920) which is also  0.562 . (16:9 is 1.777 of course)  This is the Image AR so it behaves correctly when  placed on the track. It appears in the centre with  sides being definitely transparent.

aa.jpg

The problem is in the export. It's as you say-something odd about the clip. And I agree with you, It's not a bug as I tested with different clips and images that have the same displayed properties and they all worked correctly. The blurred clip on the Track 1 is OK.

Nat

Hi B

Agreed, but if it WAS a 16:9 clip (as Mediainfo suggests,)  then why, when a straight Crop EFFECT is asked for the outlined area is just the image....not the whole frame which would be the case with a true 16:9 clip?   Yes it's weird.

Still, cropping to 9:16 puts it right.

Nat

Perhaps VP crops that way because the data connected with the clip is corrupted, and it's interpreted as 9:16?

Applying LETTERBOX in the Aspect Ratio Transforms section also sets it right.

Loaded the source into another editor which also read it as 9:16, so it's not exclusively a VP issue.

• borate changed the title to Losing background blur clip when exporting